Views: 11470|Replies: 30

Customer wins 1,016 yuan in lawsuit for hair found in a 16-yuan bowl of noodles [Copy link] 中文

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-9-1 14:15:36 |Display all floors

(CGTN)What would you do if you found a hair in your food?

A customer surnamed Zhang in Ningbo City, eastern China's Zhejiang Province, complained when he spotted a hair in his bowl of noodle soup – but that wasn't enough.

Zhang took it to court and won a 1,016-yuan (about 150-US-dollar) payment.

After he got paid, he explained how he did it on Weibo, and has since received comments from over 20,000 users.

Netizens on Weibo applauded Zhang's persistence in the issue and for rightfully standing up for himself.


Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-9-1 14:26:28 |Display all floors

Weibo user @Aishangnanfangnvhai praises the efficiency of the court. /Screenshot via Weibo



Another user supports Zhang exposing the restaurant. /Screenshot via Weibo



"If we have more people like you, we'd have fewer shops that brush off their hygiene issues or don't do anything about them."


Others noted that the court quickly took the case and addressed Zhang's plea, even though hygiene in restaurants is often neglected and regularly dismissed because most people don't think it's worth their while to follow up.


"This is textbook work done by the court," one commented.


According to Zhang, the poor way the staff treated his complaint is why he took the restaurant to court.


When he showed the hair he picked out from his food to the waitress, he was told that it was "normal" and was rudely asked, "What else do you want?"

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-9-1 14:26:57 |Display all floors

Zhang shares his recipe online. /Screenshot via Weibo



Shocked by the initial response, Zhang then spoke to other staff, all of whom ignored his complaint.


Eventually, they offered him a refund plus a small compensation, as opposed to the triple compensation mandated by China's food safety laws, which state that consumers have the right to complain and ask for compensation if they encounter food safety misconduct in the restaurant at which they are eating.


What's more ironic was that a manager at the shop reportedly told Zhang to sue them, thinking that Zhang would back out. So the customer did exactly what he was told.


In the lawsuit against the shop, Zhang demanded compensation of 1,000 yuan (about 145 US dollars).


Even though it's a small case, the court reassured him to not worry, as they've accepted cases that asked for as little money back as a dime, according to Zhang.


In the end, the restaurant agreed to pay up 1,016 Yuan as ordered by the judge, who said Zhang's lawsuit is sound and that it must deal with the consequences.

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-9-1 15:10:06 |Display all floors
Well done Sir ...
we need more people like zhang
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-9-1 16:31:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-9-1 16:56

The judge on the case was asleep and if you were in the court, you could definitely hear him snoring....ZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZzzzzz

The hair is too short and is probably pubic hair that the customer had reached down to pluck herself.

Yeah, it's her own hair alright.

A DNA test should have been done.  

Was it?  I don't believe so.



Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-9-1 16:39:10 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-9-1 14:26
Zhang shares his recipe online. /Screenshot via Weibo

Shocked by the initial response, Zhang then s ...

The restaurant owner must be smiling all the way to the bank to TAKE OUT the 1016 yuan to pay the complainant, because the international publicity he gets is just phenomenal -- now every visitor to that city would flock to visit that restaurant for a HAIRY meal.

If he were smart, he would have revamped his menu to put "HAIRY noodles" as one of his copyrighted specialties.

All cases of food safety need to be dealt with severity but a short strand of pubic hair from the customer herself is not likely to cause any food poisoning, or is it?

Use magic tools Report

Rank: 8Rank: 8

Post time 2018-9-1 16:57:40 |Display all floors
Alright, I admit I wasn't paying full attention and it was a "he."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.