Author: UYA

China and America: Are things getting Better or Worse there?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-5-13 15:18:25 |Display all floors
WBD60 Post time: 2019-5-12 23:39
who gets most out of the international trade? certainly not the Chinese workers! so where the mone ...

If you are really concerned about the Chinese workers, are you not aware of recent developments in China? Read more Chinese news. There are English versions too. Get the whole picture instead of dwelling on specifics that blur the picture. If you are too absorbed with "imperialism" and "bringing down the regime" inorder to bring "changes" study how China works first. It is not as clear cut as how western media tries to portray by twisting the facts, hiding certain information, and emphasizing too much on the negative aspect. China is not perfect but at least it is work-in-progress, unlike certain countries where it is work-in-regress. Incidentaly, political ideologies have little to do with it. You want proof? Study history.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-13 20:35:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-13 22:05:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-14 17:04:00 |Display all floors
WBD60 Post time: 2019-5-13 20:35
well , at least i am right on the fact that china's economy is not consumption driven, but rather  ...
well , at least i am right on the fact that china's economy is not consumption driven,

Check the news. I mean, get updated and read the latest ones.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2019-5-15 02:02:20 |Display all floors
WBD60 Post time: 2019-5-13 20:35
well , at least i am right on the fact that china's economy is not consumption driven, but rather  ...

If what you say is true....
Why does China's middle class, out number the entire US population?
There must be wealth and consumption going on.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-15 05:56:18 |Display all floors
WBD60 Post time: 2019-5-13 22:05
think about it, if the US allows china to have its way in terms of trade , then the middle class o ...

But how is this China's fault?

Corporations in the US sold out our workers and folded up their production for cheaper labor abroad.   We gave up our manufacturing.   Of course we have a trade deficit.   We stopped making things to export!  So all we have is agriculture and weapons.   We did that to ourselves.  Germany never lost their manufacturing and they export more to China than import.  

I just hate what is going on as it doesn't address the real issue here.   Its shifting blame and anger on China for our own self-inflicted wounds.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-15 06:01:49 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-5-12 14:34
That's understandable but the real reason for this is not China. Simply pointing fingers at Chin ...

I agree with most of what you said.   I just wrote a similar point.

I have one contention here - the workers and unions have been unfairly blamed.   I don't know why republicans treat corporations like they are royalty never to be scrutinized, but somehow its never their fault.   Fact is wages were not increasing.   At the same time, the top executive salaries went up by 600%.   Labor wages have stagnated since the eighties.  It was greed.   If Germany can find a way to hold on to their manufacturing, than so can we.   We just didn't.   Greed IMO.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.