Author: UYA

China thinks long-term on financial stability — so should we   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-9 02:37:39 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-8-8 16:08
I'm sure America will say they are "winning" the trade war.
Not sure what the Chinese people have  ...

SCMP 8/8/2018
"Developers are finding it harder to get funding as banks balk at the risk, while those who borrowed overseas are finding their cost of repayments surging as the Chinese yuan currency weakens. Shen Jianguang, chief economist at JD Finance, said that funding has become so tight that any developer ranked outside the top 10 would face higher interest payments, while any outside the top 30 would be lucky to get funds at all.

All this has hit the cash flows of developers, many of whom have responded by speeding up construction to try and get as much income from sales as possible in a short time."

The developers are basically bankrupt, having over-invested and not being able to sell the buildings. The local governments which they purchased from are equally bankrupt. The central government does not have the resources to bail them out, but is using the banks as a dyke to shore up the developers and the local governments. But eventually it's just going to catch up to them regardless.

Unless China can continue to misallocate resources on a grand scale and continue to defy the laws of economics indefinitely, there will be a downturn.. a devastating cascade of sell-offs starting from households, real-estate developers and companies, housing markets to the banks that lend to them, and it will be all the more painful when it happens.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-8-9 13:08:05 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2018-8-9 13:24
Boston101 Post time: 2018-8-8 20:01
Yah right; China’s poverty is very like the US’s poverty going back 100 years.

Sorry my Red Socks friend.....
Read my other thread:
https://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-1889454-1-1.html

Map put out by the CIA, shows China has one of the LOWEST poverty rates in the world!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-9 13:23:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2018-8-9 13:30
TruismStrike Post time: 2018-8-9 02:37
SCMP 8/8/2018
"Developers are finding it harder to get funding as banks balk at the risk, while th ...

I don't think so.....
https://www.businessinsider.com/ ... ts-rocketing-2018-8
(Today)

Exports for China has GROWN, since the trade war.
China can find other markets for their wares.

You keep on quoting financial sources, like America knows what their doing.
The financial melt down in 2008 started where?
(America)
Who was least affected by this?
(China)
Who was the base for recovery in the world?
(China)

Capitalist America will say ANYTHING to discredit China.
No one there wants to admit a "communist" nation has beaten the most capitalist nation....
AT THEIR OWN GAME!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-9 20:07:26 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-8-9 13:08
Sorry my Red Socks friend.....
Read my other thread:
https://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-1889454-1 ...
Have you read/watched Little House on the Prairie? The Ingalls’ family was poor. They lived in a log-cabin, with no electricity or running water. Kids went to the village school with only one room and one teacher. One year of bad harvest could push the family to the edge.

China’s poverty is like that. What you may not realize is that compared with the U.S., China only has a thin, broken, strip of east-coast land that is flat. The rest are mostly desert, high-altitude plateaus, and mountains. China has 1.4 billion people, more than 4 times that of the U.S., which means that there are tons of people, hundreds of millions of them, live and farm in the mountains that nobody in the U.S. would live in.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-8-10 06:57:25 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-8-9 13:23
I don't think so.....
https://www.businessinsider.com/ ... ts-rocketing-2018-8
(Today)

Good post

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-10 10:18:54 |Display all floors
Standard mainstream economic analysis.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-10 11:08:25 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2018-8-9 20:07

So the Chinese people who live and farm in the hills are "worse off" than the homeless in the States?
I guess people would have to be the judge of that.
(Never did watch that show)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.