Views: 9064|Replies: 13

The lonliest school in China: 2 teachers, and one lonely student [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-3 12:16:58 |Display all floors

A primary school at Sanmenli Village in Gongzhuling City in northeast China’s Jilin Province has come into spotlight — two teachers teach just one 12-year-old student.

Chen Hongyan works as the class teacher while Liu Haitao as PE teacher. The situation has started several years ago, Xinhua reported.

When the only student, Wang Hao, reads the text in class as the new semester begins, Chen will feed coal into the furnace from time to time as the classroom isn’t equipped with heating system.

Meanwhile, Liu goes to the town to get new textbooks and teaching tools for Wang.

Although there is only one student at the school, Wang never misses a single class on Chinese, mathematics, English or early-morning individual study.

Wang has seven classes a day. Chen has set 14 alarm clocks as Wang’s school bells.

“I treat my only student seriously as well, otherwise my conscience cannot justify what I do,” said Chen who has been in her post at the school for 18 years, “I certainly can not give up on any student.”

Chen also encourages Wang to play with other kids in the village for fear that he may feel lonely.

Wang’s father often checks in on his son when he passes the school on his way to herd sheep and he appreciates the persistence of the two teachers.

Village secretary Wang Lixin said the school once had dozens of teachers and more than 200 students. But teachers retired and students transferred to schools in towns nearby after 2010. The village is home to 400 households of over 1,000 villagers.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-3-3 15:21:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-4 18:42:27 |Display all floors
:D:D:D:D

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-8 16:54:03 |Display all floors
The local education authorities could retire too because they are useless.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-3-8 18:14:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-3-2 23:21
Why post the same little story that some other poster has already submitted???

Maybe for the same reason you always post the same hateful western propaganda in this forum.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-8 18:15:02 |Display all floors
SoftAngel Post time: 2018-3-8 00:54
The local education authorities could retire too because they are useless.

How would you know?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-8 18:17:58 |Display all floors
This is a heart warming story no matter which county it occurred in.

The hateful replies here are from western propagandists who never know the limits of their hatred.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.