Views: 1972|Replies: 3

US should look at itself before pointing fingers at other countries - Opinion - [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-29 20:18:01 |Display all floors
Cai Meng / China Daily

I love the Chinese noodles at a place in Midtown Manhattan. But whenever I eat there, I try to eat them as quietly as possible because slurping is regarded as unacceptable in the United States.
In Chinese and Japanese culture, slurping is not only acceptable but regarded as a sign that the noodle or ramen is delicious. To me, biting mouthfuls of noodles, as people in  ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-29 20:18:02 |Display all floors
The US undoubtedly has made a number of poor choices under the Trump administration. Pulling out of the Paris accords, Pulling out of the TPP, The declaration of Jerusalem as Israels capitol just to name 3.  When talking of the conflict in Syria however the author, like many, forgets that there are always civilian casualties in war. It is inevitable. War is destructive and horrific. The Assad government is responsible for hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths and the use of chemical weapons on its own people. To blame America but not other participants such as Russia, The coalition, The Opposition Syrian forces, ISIS for large numbers of civilian deaths is to be completely unfair. The only real "massacre" has been carried out by the Government forces, and ISIS.  To remember the casualties of other wars, compare figures for either World war, Vietnam, Decades of conflict in Afghanistan. The US are no angels but they are far from the devil depicted in this article. They suffer from "poor leadership syndrome" PLS. Nothing more.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-30 12:30:24 |Display all floors
Robert Stuart takes things one step further with BBC pumping out fake news regarding Russia and Assad killing civilians--it was all staged. Now BBC is a fake news outlet just like USA mainstream - all nonsense but as predicted by Eric Blair years ago with Doublespeak. Jimmy Saville and Rolf are others in this BBC fake news cast----tie me kangaroo down indeed....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-1 12:51:48 |Display all floors
@Palladin

You must be a Trump apologist. Unable to call a lie a lie and instead say its fake news.  Be a man and step up. Then those who write the articles can prove how wrong you are.

Nothing fake about the Assad chemical weapons used on his own people. Nothing fake about Assad brutal artillery strikes on civilians in areas under opposition control. The only thing fake is those who believe in Trump and what he tears apart.
God bless America, but please get Trump out of the White House asap. The world including America will benefit.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.