Author: pnp

Who Has More Friends, China or USA?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-12-22 13:00:30 |Display all floors
Media quote: "Mr Trump, you cannot buy Turkey's democratic will with your dollars," Erdogan said at an awards ceremony in Ankara."

Exactly like I said, US must not try to buy votes; you can keep your money, their votes are not for sale!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-22 13:07:53 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2017-12-22 14:48

The ugly face of the US is out in the open for all to see; undiplomatically threatening nations to vote in its favor using US aid as the big stick.  And, coming from a great champion of democracry, of the sanctity of the ballot, it is so disgusting!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-22 13:15:04 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2017-12-22 12:32
'China on the other hand, is ruled by a single party with absolute power and does allow any other v ...
just making the point that China has been fast making  friends all over the world

Ok, but don't over-estimate those friendships. They are based on China's money, and as you clearly admit, they are new friends and we will see how sustainable those relationships will be.

China inself, in its internal development, has been growing very fast, but it has not been sustainable. Can we see the same pattern in China's internatonal aspirations?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-22 13:22:50 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-12-21 23:08
But nobody had as many friends as the pre-Trump U.S.A. did, and China still has not a single one to  ...

"But nobody had as many friends as the pre-Trump U.S.A. did"

Mark my words, I said, 'Since the election of Trump as President...'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-22 13:23:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2017-12-22 13:24
pnp Post time: 2017-12-22 12:38
'It's so-called "Belt and Road Initiatige" is not about making friends but about robbing its neighb ...
Go tell that to the hundreds of nations that have signed up to the Initiative;  they are no fools, if that's what you want us to believe!

I think that it is China who seems to believe that those less developed countries are fools.

Diamer-Bhasha dam project in Pakistan for example. Even if one of China's closest ally (especially towards India's influence), Pakistan cancelled China's funding for that project whey they concluded that China didn't want to fund the dam, it wanted to own it.

In similar attempts China is trying to BUY friends left and right.

Well it's China's money to use how it wishes, but I would hope that it would be spent (for example) in rural schools or elder care in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-22 13:27:44 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-12-22 13:23
I think that it is China who seems to believe that those less developed countries are fools.

Diam ...

It is up to nations to choose whether they want Chinese projects or not, it's a free market.  And Pakistan is still a staunch supporter and friend of China despite what you said.  That's what matters.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-12-22 13:34:57 |Display all floors
And what a bad loser; the US is now threatening to pull funds from the UN!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.