Views: 1960|Replies: 7

It's time US set its own house in order [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-9 08:16:44 |Display all floors
A photo of Zhang Yingying released by the police.
The disappearance of Zhang Yingying, a visiting Chinese scholar at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on June 9 has shocked many in China and the United States. As people watch closely the court trial of suspect Brendt Christensen, a serious question raised again is: How safe are US cities?
This question has become especially important  ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-9 08:17:01 |Display all floors
The USA looking for the speck in other countries eyes can not see them for the beam in its eye. Eric Blair ( aka George Orwell) predicted this as doubletalk--you say something meaning the opposite and lies become truth---Shinzo Abe is USA ally but Shinzo Abe's grandfather was USA enemy but now Abe and Trump stand together united against them-----see the pattern.??

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-9 10:48:37 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-9 10:50:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2017-7-13 12:07:51 |Display all floors
Completely agree! Most places are quite safe. Big cities are not as safe as smaller ones. You have to be smart to stay safe. My mother is 81 years old and has never had a problem in her life regarding crime. She and my step-father (who is 88 years old) still travel extensively by car across the U.S. They've never had a problem. You must be aware of the problem in the U.S., but, you can stay safe. My students asked me if someone was going to murder them if they traveled to to the U.S. I said, "Well, I'm more than 50 years old and no one has murdered me." Ha! Also, I might add, there is not much of an anti-Chinese attitude or sentiment in the USA. The two largest minorities are African American and Mexican Americans. On the other hand, there are a lot of Chinese in the USA. Most of these acts of crime against Chinese are random and not often racially motivated. These people happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could happen to anyone including whites (In fact, it happens far more often to whites.) Guns are the biggest problem. They are too easy to get. This is a good article of which most of it, I completely agree. I particularly agree with America cleaning up its own act. You are spot on! We need to.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2017-7-13 12:09:14 |Display all floors
seneca date. 2017-7-9 10:48
                                Once again Weihua proves to be an insensitive, unfeeling and nationalist commentator. Why nbot ackno ...
Great point!

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2017-7-13 12:11:08 |Display all floors
seneca date. 2017-7-9 10:50
                                Eric Blair never predicted the high crime rates the U.S.A. is experiencing; you better start readi ...
Thank you Seneca. You taught me something. I thought, 'Who is Eric Blair?' I looked it up. Now I know.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.