Views: 11684|Replies: 39

Is it appropriate to wear shorts in office?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-25 17:37:49 |Display all floors

short.PNG

A defiant call centre worker who was sent home for wearing shorts to the office in this week's heatwave came back wearing a bright pink dress as a 'protest' against the dress code.
Joey Barge, 20, from Buckinghamshire, England, turned up in a pair of smart blue shorts on but bosses deemed them inappropriate despite the sweltering heat.
They sent him home just minutes after he posted on Twitter asking his followers: 'If women can wear skirts/dresses at work can I wear smart shorts like so?'
But rather than changing into a stuffy suit, the call centre worker decided to don a bright pink dress as a 'protest' against the rules.
Predicting that he'd be sent home again, Joey posted a chic selfie to Twitter, racking up dozens of likes and retweets.
Instead his act of defiance sparked a change in the rules - with bosses sending out an email allowing 'gentlemen in the office' to wear three-quarter length shorts in 'black, navy or beige only'.
Despite the u-turn - which Joey branded a 'partial win' - he opted to wear the colourful dress for the whole day in an act of defiance against the policy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-25 21:52:20 |Display all floors
my female co-workers must wesr mini-skirts
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-25 22:28:15 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2017-6-25 21:52
my female co-workers must wesr mini-skirts

So they can show off their assets to their sexist male counterparts, no doubt. Your office must be one of the local tissue company's best customers.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-26 07:02:54 |Display all floors
I am all for it but it depends on who wears them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-26 08:27:42 |Display all floors
Of course it's ok. I am the boss.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-26 08:31:58 |Display all floors
any problem ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-26 08:32:04 |Display all floors
Am I the one who thinks a man wearing short shorts is kind of weird,I would like to "liberate" my thigh,but not this way.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.