Views: 4588|Replies: 30

Let’s explore some facts about Qatar [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-6-22 19:27:36 |Display all floors
"Nowadays, Qatar is being bullied by its big neighbours.

Let’s explore some facts about Qatar.

It has the highest per capita income in the world – $146,000 per year.

It is second country in the world with the largest number of millionaires: approximately 30,000.

Qatar is the first Arab country and fourth country in the world with a quality education system.

It is the first Arab country and the sixth country in the world which prioritises the quality of health.

Qatar is the first Arab country and 20th country in the world that is engaged in the fight against corruption.

It is the second country in the world that remains secure and there is a limited risk of terrorism in Qatar.

Qatar is the first Arab country that ranks in the 12th position in the Global Competitiveness Report.

The country has been ranked among the best countries in terms of employment indicators.

Qatar’s bank assets amount to QR 1.1 trillion. It is the largest Arab bank with assets of about QR 520 billion, $300 billion in sovereign funds involving 39 countries and significant shares in Europe’s largest banks – Barclays and Credit Suisse.

The country annually spends $6 billion on scientific research.

Qatar Airways is the fastest growing airline.

Qatar Telecom operates in 17 countries with 107 million subscribers and own 28 percent of the towers in London.

It is the only country in the world where water and electricity are free and there are no taxes.

The Hamad Airport is finest in the world. Qatar is the world’s first state in the spread of optic fibre.

It is the world’s first country in infrastructure indicators.

Qatar is the safest country against disaster risks.

It has the largest LPG production in the world and the second largest gas transport fleet.

Qatar owns 15 billion barrels of oil – which is sufficient for 40 years.

It owns 900 trillion cubic feet of gas – enough to last for 143 years. It stands fourth among countries that are engaged in petrochemical production.

One hopes that sanity prevails and the crisis between Qatar and other Arab countries is quickly resolved. Doha is a lovely place and the people are friendly and hospitable. I have been there."

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-22 20:25:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2017-6-22 20:32:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-6-22 20:25
How many McDonald's are there in  Doha?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-22 20:34:50 |Display all floors
The rulers of Qatar are more modern, progressive and "western" than most Arab rulers. They finance the Al Jazeera news agency and website which is probably the most modern and objective of all Arab media. Though not yet fully-qualifying as a western liberal democracy, Qatar is closer than most Arab countries. Probably, it's the progressive nature of Qatar that annoys its dictatorial Arab neighbours. It's a typical shame that Trump doesn't back Qatar. But, of course, Trump is almost as backward and morally-bankrupt as many Arab leaders!
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-23 02:30:56 |Display all floors
I'll tell you three fact's

1) I won't be going there again

2) I won't buy from there again, have resourced two products I bought from there.

3) I won't fly Qatar Airways again.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-23 02:31:26 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2017-6-22 20:32

Unlucky for them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-23 07:54:36 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2017-6-23 02:31
Unlucky for them

13 in DOHA, 4 in Rayan = 17

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.