Author: 茉莉儿

Can we trust the Western media?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-23 13:14:52 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2017-10-23 12:05
I'd say sure you can trust it, about as much as the faries in the bottom of your garden gaining a  ...

It's worse than that when all the think tanks, foundations, NGOs, PACs, etc. funded and organized by the Murdoch, Soros, Koch, et al of Capitalist Club are counted as vested interests using money to influence public policy. The media only influences public opinion which is harmless in and of itself because the public doesn't make policy.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-10-23 13:26:33 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2017-10-23 12:43
Local Chinese newspapers? Grrrr. I gather that  only retired people living in China would take t ...

I meant local western newspapers...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-23 13:27:23 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2017-10-23 13:28

I remember having read a book written by a Chinese pundit teaching journalism in Shanghai. The book features the errors that  have been made by Chinese journalists in the past, one of which is CHINESE JOURNALISTS LOVE TO REMIND READERS THAT THEY ARE THE PEOPLE COVERING THE NEWS FOR THEM. THAT'S WHY THEY ARE ALWAYS  WRITING  SOMETHING  LIKE THIS IN CHINESE, SAY, XXX告诉记者 OR 记者从....得知.

A Western editor would tell you that readers just want to know what's your article all about; any  irrelevant information should be cut out , ahem, unless we are talking about exclusive reporting.

Chinese TV and radio  reporters love to do the same thing; they say  XXX告诉记者 OR 记者从....得知 all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2017-10-23 13:38:20 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2017-10-23 13:14
It's worse than that when all the think tanks, foundations, NGOs, PACs, etc. funded and organized  ...

Don't get me started on the US think tanks (w&nk tank more life) and lobby groups in general.  
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-23 13:40:39 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2017-10-23 13:26
I meant local western newspapers...

People Daily: China will have sent people to Mars by the time you graduate from college.
  Shanghai Daily: China will be sending people to Mars.
  A Local Chinese Newspaper: Chinese land on Mars.
  A Chinese Forum: Aliens and China sign an agreement over the settlement on Mars.
  China Daily Forum: China stakes claims over the ownership of the whole galaxy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-23 13:41:59 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-23 13:47:34 |Display all floors
  As you can tell, that's how Chinese disseminate the same information in different places. They  relish reading sensational news.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.