Views: 4706|Replies: 9

How to punish red light running ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-2-21 18:11:55 |Display all floors

Howto punish people who run the red light? Recently, the traffic police fromLinfen, Shanxi province have enforced the law of “copying a well-known pithy formula with‘red for stop and green for go’ a hundred times”,which arouses public attention. For the remediation of non motor vehiclesrunning red lights, the traffic police from Linfen resorts to a neat trick:  cyclists, electric car owners, motorcyclistswho run the red light should be penalized to copy a 100 times of  a well-known pithy formula with “red for stop and green for go”.What is your opinions about how to punish people who run the red light?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-22 10:54:49 |Display all floors
Simple, take away their license. Or if they are using an electric scooter or mo-ped, or anything of the sort. Take that from them as well. Return their belongings 60 days later and only if they have paid a hefty fine.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-22 10:55:53 |Display all floors
Jaywalkers should be fined as well and every type of offender should also do community service
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-22 11:12:48 |Display all floors
About 20 years ago (in my home state of Michigan), I approached an intersection and wasn't fully paying attention to the traffic light.  It was yellow as I rolled to the intersection and then turned red before I cleared the intersection.  Fortunately there weren't any other cars at the intersection, unfortunately a police car was nearby and saw it.  I was in the wrong and deserved the ticket.  The ticket was for running a red light... a $300 USD fine (about 2000 RMB).  On top of the fine, my car insurance rates skyrocketed and I had 6 points put against my driver's license (12 points you lose your license).  That's enough to make you vigilant.

It should be noted that in the state of Michigan, cyclists must follow the SAME laws as motorized vehicles on the road and they are subject to the SAME penalties and fines.

I think copying 100 times "Red is for stop and green is for go" is ludicrous at best.  That doesn't impress the seriousness of the safety issue.  

Most cyclists in China, whether bicycle, e-bike, motorcycle, completely ignore traffic lights.  That's extremely hazardous and impedes traffic.  I think they should be seriously fined and have their bikes impounded.   Car drivers should be heavily fined, raise their insurance rates, and possibly have their license suspended.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-22 13:58:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2017-2-22 13:59

I rarely see pedestrians walk red lights in my city in China. Often when it happens, it is some elderly person or migrant who simply doesn't know better, or intersection so small that it doesn't even matter where you cross the street.

What annoys me though, are scooter drivers. They normally stop at last second before (or after) the red light turns on, and start going again as soon as the intersecting traffic allows, not waiting for green light.

Furthermore, when they do stop for red light, they stop on the zebra crossing, blocking intersecting pedestrians.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-22 14:09:14 |Display all floors
Now in China, most car drivers can obey the traffic rules. But cyclists are really road killers on the contrary. They rarely pay attention to the traffic lights and the traffic lines. They go straight the road as the want. Because in China cyclists will not be fined or punished whatever they do. It is unfair.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-2-22 14:35:37 |Display all floors
Most drivers do not understand the danger of driving. It kills with the slightest msitake, because the car is heavier than most average person.
Traffic Police could place driver's licence of these offender. Problem is it is just not possible to stop them from driving. Hence, the only way is probably to impose strictest law. The offender is discovered to drive under suspension of driving, will be incarcerated for at least thirty-six consecutive months.
Now, the next problem will arise. If the person is the sole bread winner, then the person must undergo education. At least, the chance to show remorse and turn over a new leaf is given.
Second time offenders will be given heavier incarceration time.
Of course, this could breed corruption!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.