This post was edited by Sallywrj at 2017-1-15 14:08|
English is one of the important subjects in China and it is also a subject that many students are afraid of. However,recent years many students and parents are arguing about should English be abolished or not.
Those think it should be abolished have 3 main reasons:
1. Englis is overvalued today. Chinese is more important to our society and culture.
2. Many students learn English just for examination. After that, they still cannot useit to communicate fluently with others.
3. Many people do not use English anymore after their graduation.
How ever, some people think that we shouldn’t abolish English for the following reasons:
1. English is either the official language or an official language in almost 60 sovereign states. It is the most commonly spoken language in the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand, and it is widelyspoken in some areas of the Caribbean, Africa, and South Asia. It is the third most common native language in the world, after Mandarin and Spanish. It is the most widely learned second language and is an official language of the United Nations, of the European Union, and of many other world and regional international organizations.
2. English is beneficial in looking for a job because the world is strongly connected and English is useful in this situation.
3. We can use English to get more information that we cannot reach with Chinese.