Views: 7522|Replies: 30

Is Chinese television that bad   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-11-17 08:57:41 |Display all floors
IMG_1825.JPG

From my experience Chinese television is not of good quality with little or no orginal content. I saw copies of Western reality television, soap Oprahs are all the same with the same story lines throughout the world.
I watched one soap Oprah that was so bad even my Chinese family agreed it was very bad for Chinese standards, but it was so bad it was good if that makes sense.
Children's programming is of great consern to me with the voilence like that wolf and sheep cartoon, on the other side of the scale the cartoon The Boonie Bears is a high quality cartoon.
Overall I'd say like Australia television Chinese television is Rubbish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-17 12:35:18 |Display all floors
Most of US television is garbage also. I disconnected the cable years ago. Good T.V., Masterpiece Theater.
Poldark, Foyle's War, The Durrell's of Corfu is most of what I watch. Read a book.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-11-17 12:55:51 |Display all floors
I watched tv when I was recently in the uk and the bbc still have the same rubbish on it was awful...
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-17 13:38:56 |Display all floors
DMZappa Post time: 2016-11-17 12:35
Most of US television is garbage also. I disconnected the cable years ago. Good T.V., Masterpiece Th ...

Chinese TV is full of canned laughter and immature sound effects to indicate derision. Even the presenters need to develop a bit of maturity and stop over reacting with total astonishment when 'search for a star' type acts in the form of dogs or whatever predictably get to balance a ball on their nose. And it's long past time that the producers started freeing up the channels from the bottleneck of 1940's warfare and kung-fu type fantasy involving the gods.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-17 13:41:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by fatdragon at 2016-11-17 13:42
parcher Post time: 2016-11-17 12:55
I watched tv when I was recently in the uk and the bbc still have the same rubbish on it was awful.. ...

When I last watched UK TV the drop in quality was very noticeable to the point that it wasn't worth watching.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-11-17 13:47:16 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-11-17 13:41
When I last watched UK TV the drop in quality was very noticeable to the point that it wasn't worth ...

there is still the occasional hidden gem of intelligent programming on UK and US tv - usually squirreled away at night - destined to become cult classics.
Thank goodness for box sets of older programs that stand up to repeat viewing.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-11-17 14:01:27 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-11-17 13:41
When I last watched UK TV the drop in quality was very noticeable to the point that it wasn't worth ...

We used to have some great shows like only fools and horses, auf wiedersehen pet, minder etc....but nothing good to replace those classics
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.