Spontaneous human combustion is a phenomenon where a human spontaneously combusts. Recorded cases of SHC usually include these six characteristics:
1. The victims are chronic alcoholics
2. They are usually elderly females
3. The body has not burned spontaneously, but some lighted substance has come into contact with it
4. The hands and feet usually fall off
5. The fire has caused very little damage to combustible things in contact with the body
6. The combustion of the body has left a residue of greasy and fetid ashes, very offensive in odor
Ilse Koch was married to a concentration camp officer and committed atrocities at the Buchenwald concentration camp. She was accused of taking skin souvenirs from those who were killed in concentration camps from prisoners who had interesting tattoos. She committed suicide in a women’s prison in 1960.