Views: 1607|Replies: 6

Do you speak another language? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-9-8 15:50:20 |Display all floors
1.jpg

Want greater success in your career and your love life, as well as a healthy brain long into old age?

The answer could be to learn another language.Or at least that's the case according to a majority of Americans and Britons polled in a new survey by language app Babbel. Apparently, 71% of Americans and 61% of Britons believe speaking more than one language makes a person seem more attractive.

Of 3,000 English-speakers polled in the US and the UK, nine out of 10 admitted they'd learn a new language in pursuit of love. About half said they'd dreamed about a romance with someone from another country. And moving from the bedroom to boardroom, about one in four Americans and Britons think that being monolingual has held them back professionally. So it's probably no surprise that one in eight confessed to having exaggerated their language skills on a resume.

And which languages have the most sex appeal -- in UK and US eyes, at least? Well, the Babbel guys asked that in a previous survey.

French was considered the "sexiest" language by respondents on both sides of the Atlantic (US 40%, UK 32%) and the hottest foreign accent in which to hear English (US 38%, UK 40%).

So being multilingual can make you more appealing, more successful and more compassionate. And it's also good for your health.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-9-8 16:52:58 |Display all floors
"The French are true romantics. They feel the only difference between a man of forty and one of seventy is thirty years of experience."......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-8 19:04:28 From mobile |Display all floors
I'm awhile

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-8 19:05:54 From mobile |Display all floors
English and Espanol, but I wish I would have studied Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-9-8 20:06:52 |Display all floors
I speak Tetum it was a very easy language to pick up for me

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-11 11:22:58 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-9-8 20:06
I speak Tetum it was a very easy language to pick up for me

Tetm is spoken in Belu Regency in Indonesian West Timor, and across the border in East Timor,right?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-9-11 11:48:26 |Display all floors
long2016 Post time: 2016-9-11 11:22
Tetm is spoken in Belu Regency in Indonesian West Timor, and across the border in East Timor,right ...

Yup

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.