Views: 5499|Replies: 25

Are you feeling annoyed by security checks in China?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-9-1 16:05:57 |Display all floors
Security checks are commonplace in China especially during big events, and Hangzhou is the epitome of this trend because of the G20 summit. Security checks in China are unique because their security methods at subway and railway stations are similar to the methods used at airports. Security staff is placed at the entrances of subways and train stations with equipment like X-ray scanners and metal detectors. Do you feel inconvenient about security checks in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-1 17:02:42 |Display all floors
I can't think of any other country in the world where there are 'security checks' on the subway system.
It says a lot about China if the country thinks it is needed there.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-9-1 17:20:04 |Display all floors
My opnion is the security checks are a great idea

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-9-1 17:37:12 |Display all floors
I don't really mind at all
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-1 18:43:36 |Display all floors
I have always been reassured that there are precautions in action and that is worth the inconvenience.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-1 22:37:57 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2016-9-1 18:43
I have always been reassured that there are precautions in action and that is worth the inconvenienc ...

given the prevalence of knife crime in China (compared to gun crime in other countries), and the fact that a small knife can be easily concealed on the body, these 'security measures' are nothing more than a token gesture.

A couple of years ago the sale of kitchen knives was temporarily banned in parts of Beijing because foreigners had been knifed on the streets.

can you name another country that has such security on all the train and subway stations?

if china was serious about crime, there would be better enforcement.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-1 23:16:19 |Display all floors
I feel alright ..But according to some guys in this website said that security check is more annoying in the USA..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.