Views: 3731|Replies: 32

Bias against Non-Locals or Violence of Public Opinion   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-8-18 10:49:46 |Display all floors
d75241eda882444b8fb67b2320dede86.jpg

A video showing a Beijing subway employee insulting a passenger have gone viral. Her words "you smelly Beijing-outsider" has enraged some Chinese internet users and started a discussion on prejudice against non-locals.
Later however, more evidence surfaced which showed that the passenger violated the subway regulations and insulted the employee first.
Who's at fault?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-18 15:02:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2016-8-18 16:33

Again, neither end up looking very good.
It is not very professional for a subway worker to use derogatory language towards a passenger regardless of what they did.
It makes her seem poorly trained in dealing with common situations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-18 15:30:51 |Display all floors
just like Shanghai and Shenzhen, there are a lot of 'outsiders' living in this city and more important as a capital of a country, it's really a shame ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-18 15:45:54 |Display all floors
Should have heard the words being slew at me from a middle aged(I guessing) lady and man the other day. I was at the hospital, holding my sick 7 month old baby in my arms. A man who got sick of waiting in line after minutes of being there. Pushed me from behind so that he could pass by me and then the lady follows him. I asked them, do you know how to say excuse me?(你会不会说不好意思?)Then the verbal assault began. Calling me a dog, asking my wife why she married a foreigner. Told me I need to leave China and on it went for a few minutes. The Dr. kicked them out of his office and while outside the door they were still rambling on. No manners what so ever. The man is lucky I decided not to physically release my anger on him. He would have deserved, never push or hit someone whom is holding a baby!!!
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-18 18:03:09 |Display all floors
has my comment been deemed inappropriate?
it was there for a while, and now it has been removed.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-8-18 18:31:56 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2016-8-18 19:35
Cdogg Post time: 2016-8-18 15:45
Should have heard the words being slew at me from a middle aged(I guessing) lady and man the other d ...

The racism is never far away should you get in to an argument with them...
should have knocked 7 colours out of him...lol
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-8-18 18:35:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2016-8-18 18:36

both were in the wrong, but I can understand the subway worker losing her cool....

so many have short tempers in China
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.