Views: 21349|Replies: 54

Why do overseas Chinese students return?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-8-17 14:17:45 |Display all floors
An increasing number of Chinese youngsters studying abroad perfer to come back home after graduation, according to data provided in a new report by Student.com, a marketplace for international student accomodation. The report says in recent years,  between 70% and 80% of outbound students return to China after graduation. Is it due to the tightening immigration policy? Or gloomy job prospects? Why are overseas Chinese students increasingly returning to China after studying?
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-17 17:14:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-17 22:45:45 |Display all floors
Because of better opportunities in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-17 23:52:43 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-8-17 13:14
There should be no question mark in your title; if you ask a question, you need to add an auxiliary  ...

The endless loop of same topic.

I'd stick my neck out and suggest the vast majority, say 90% would stay if visa isn't in issue. Better pay, better work environment, work life balance, access to excellent quality air and in the case of US ability to become a multi millionaire without performing a full kow tow to the Party!

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-17 23:58:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2016-8-17 20:04
pimpernel2 Post time: 2016-8-17 13:16
1stly, I would say that Chinese students studying abroad, especially in the UK, would find it hard t ...

''Personally, I really prefer to live in China and don't want to live in the UK''.............Really? You must be the only one
A quick poll of all the students from there will confirm my unofficial view that most will rather stay here :) I can also prove myself right by suggesting that is why most are now turning to Australia, Canada and India :)

memo to these students : You pay to studies, a service you have been able to enjoy. It is not a backdoor entry to the UK and should not be!!

Jin Yang, a Chinese master's student at Sheffield University, thought studying at an elite British university would be the making of her. Now, as she awaits possible deportation, she feels angry and hurt about the way the country has treated her and her friends.

Yang paid more than £27,000 for her two-year landscape architecture course, which she finished in November. Just before Christmas she received a curt notification that as she had finished earlier than expected, she must leave the country by 1 January, although her original student visa expires in May. In fact, the course had finished on the date originally expected. "The majority of my classmates have given up the right of attending their graduation ceremony this week. Most had bought plane tickets for their parents, but they have gone already." The university offered to consider helping her with the cost of returning to the UK for her graduation with a visitor's visa. But she decided to stay. "I paid a very expensive international tuition fee and I feel I have the right to attend my graduation," she says. "This is all so unfair."

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-18 04:08:40 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2016-8-17 23:58
''Personally, I really prefer to live in China and don't want to live in the UK''.............Reall ...

He isn't the only one. Keep deluding yourself while more and more chinese are going back to China.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-8-18 08:46:21 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.