Views: 2331|Replies: 5

Do you think cheating in marriage should be illegal? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-8-16 14:31:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sunnylin01 at 2016-8-16 15:02

Chinese actor Wang Baoqiang announced he was getting a divorce on Sina Weibo on Sunday, accusing his wife of having an affair with his agent, which has sparked heated discussions online. Most netizens sympathized with Wang and denounced and even cursed his wife for being unfailthful. Cheating in marriage is not rare in China, especially in the entertainment circle. Most people believe that cheating on your spouse is an immoral act. Yet, they would not agree that it should be illegal. Should cheating on your spouse be illegal? If not, should there be a penalty for it as well?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-17 10:43:40 |Display all floors
If you are married it should be for love of one another. If you cheat then to me you never had the love to even be married in the first place. Man or woman, who ever cheated should have to support the other for life after they divorce. That would keep the cheating in check.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-17 12:34:28 |Display all floors
It should never be made illegal because the foundation of marriage for people are different.
Example marry for:
- Love
- Money
- because of pressure
- for security
- for lust
- for the sake of marrying

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-8-23 10:08:09 |Display all floors
I thought it was

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-3 07:04:08 |Display all floors
I was surprised to find that adultery is still illegal in 21 states of the USA. It was also illegal in South Korea until only last year.

It's the kind of thing I'd expect to find in all Islamic states with harsh punishment. Not liberal democracies.

Adultery is not illegal anywhere in the UK but it can have legal consequences in divorce proceedings.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-3 07:06:06 |Display all floors
Whether or not it's immoral is an individual judgment.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.