Author: pnp

Government Officials Should Speak 'Putonghua' While On Duty   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-9-16 11:04:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-9-15 12:09
I can't forget the Brits. They have brought on revolutionary imp;rovements to China... And even if ...

Yes, that is the most unfortunate part of Britain's legacy in Hong Kong, a dialect that is only understood by the HongKongers!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-16 11:13:51 |Display all floors
ThunderLin Post time: 2016-9-16 10:14
I agree on such a regulartion as it is the official language of China. But as for the minority regio ...

Your point is taken, and I have already noted elsewhere that minorities wont be disadvantsged as officials will speak to them in fialects when necesssry, but when speaking to CCTV reporters for broadcasting to the nation, officials should always speak Putonghua!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-9-16 12:35:19 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-9-16 12:38:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-17 17:03:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-9-16 12:35
Wah, now you are saying the Brits should have BANNED the Chinese from speaking in their mother t ...

TODAY ol' chap, in Taiwan and Singapore they teach Putonghua

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-22 19:53:52 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2016-9-16 11:13
Your point is taken, and I have already noted elsewhere that minorities wont be disadvantsged as o ...

I think it is absolutely not necessasry for the officials to speak "Putonghua" while speaking to journalists as CCTV possess the ability to "translate" it. Speaking dialect has more advanteges while facing someone don`t understand "Putonghua" entirely, causing fewer problems in communication.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-22 20:02:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-9-16 12:38
I am afraid minority so-called "dialects" are not exactly in need of protection; the LANGUAGES o ...

SHOWING RESPECT is more important than so-call "PROTECTION". Besides, I did not declare that the languages speaken bt minorities should be "PROTECTED". Languages are born to be used in communication. If the given language is uncapable of communicating, why do we still use it? But the truth is, those languages still being used in many minority region. So there are no reason the give up them as well as protecting them.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.