Views: 1758|Replies: 11

China claims to have many things but does it dare to.... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-7-20 07:27:33 |Display all floors
China claims to have many huge and "first" things or designs. It claimed the world fastest computer, the largest, the fastest train, the largest satellite dish etc. Its good and hopefully more will come with world's top quality.

But one likes to ask if China dares to claim to have universities that's equivalent or even far better than that of Harvard, MIT and Oxford?

Next does China dare to claim its second tier universities are equal to or better still substantially better than those in Germany, France, Australia and Canada.

Leadership goes hand-in-hand with knowledge. How can China claim that it stands among its peers if its education quality which is reflected by its social quality and civilization falls far behind that of advance nations? The ability to think independently and critically is also largely absent in China's society.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-7-20 19:08:38 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-24 20:08:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Swifty55 at 2016-7-24 20:10

There are more flaws in so called great University's in the USA. I know I graduated from 3 of the top 10 schools in the USA.BS,MS,and PHD from differnt schools and i saw many things that where very wrong done in these schools. China's Top 5 University's are as good as other countries claim. Stats you get from these schools can all be faked just like any stat. Compared to price you get more for your money in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-25 00:55:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-7-20 19:08
The one thing China definitely does not want to have is - an educated public whose minds have been l ...

...and that kind of education already begins in primary school. Conformity and group thought and behavior is best they claim, but NEVER individual thinking, because that would threaten the Party and be subversive to the security of China.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-25 03:02:29 |Display all floors
Swifty55 Post time: 2016-7-24 20:08
There are more flaws in so called great University's in the USA. I know I graduated from 3 of the to ...

You get corruption and lack of imagination in all education institutions

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-7-25 03:09:46 |Display all floors
From what I've seen Chinese universities are of a high standard, transparency and corruption are the bug bearers preventing them from joining western universities in mainstream education

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-7-25 10:06:31 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.