Author: sunnylin01

Pinyin or English?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-7-9 23:24:08 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-10 11:50:13 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2016-7-8 22:39
China is lacking in good english teachers. I believe poster pnp raised the issue of schools hiring ...

That's about the ONLY thing pnp has been right on, so far.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-10 14:40:04 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-7-10 11:50

Thanks a million; that's the only time you ever give credit where credit is due!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-10 14:48:51 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-7-9 23:24
Yes, Ms Pee and Poo has highlighted what she perceives to be certain shortcomings in the Chinese E ...

The naivety and prejudice of most Chinese also hamper the government's effort to hire good qualified teachers of English. These Chinese would prefer to be taught by "native speakers" even if they just play with the children the whole session without teaching a thing about English. This stupid emphasis on "face" sometimes make Chinese do illogical things.

While the "native" speakers are there for the "face" value, the Chinese teachers of English are the ones who actually help the students to pass the exams. Since the exams are rigidly structured, the students get by with rote learning.

The only way China can get out of this doldrums is to carefully select a few good English teachers to train many others in the education department in good English and certify them after the course and exams so that they can be nationally recognised. The schools can then look for such certifications when hiring. In this way, there is no guess-work in hiring and there is also a standard that can be maintained. Further adjustments can be made along the way if it seems fit. Then the English standard of China will improve.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-10 14:51:43 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2016-7-10 11:50

pnp is right about quite a lot of things regarding China and the Chinese, in my opinion.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-10 15:38:47 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2016-7-10 14:51
pnp is right about quite a lot of things regarding China and the Chinese, in my opinion.

I tend to concur with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-10 16:41:17 |Display all floors
ngajia Post time: 2016-7-10 15:38
I tend to concur with you.

Constructive criticism is good for China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.