Author: pnp

The Chinese Are Ashamed Of Their Chinese Names   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-7-3 14:12:14 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2016-7-1 16:42
You mean they want to impress their foreign friends with their fake "Western" names?
That happens  ...

'That happens because they think foreigners can't read, write or speak Chinese.'

They are always underestimating foreigners' intelligence. Btw, they could have printed their Chinese names in hanyu pinyin to help foreigners read them.  That's just an excuse for using fake western names which they consider more impressive.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-3 14:16:12 |Display all floors
tenith Post time: 2016-7-1 17:56
Noted that it is the same for people coming from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore.

I fully agree with you!  Among Asians, the Chinese are the most fond of using western names; they like to imitate the West, even speaking 'chinglish' with a fake American accent!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-3 14:20:05 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-7-2 00:25
So, another meaningless rant from pee N Poo... Do you feel better now? Unfortunately, I have to ask  ...

'Do not tell us you can memorise every pupil's name without having their names transcribed into Roman letters!'

You won't go wrong if you try, only lazy foreigners get it wrong.  Besides, there is hanyu pinyin, which helps a lot in pronouncing Chinese names; try that!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-3 14:57:25 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2016-7-3 13:43
I know that, but their eagerness to display and promote their English names in everyday life inste ...
I know that, but their eagerness to display and promote their English names in everyday life instead of sticking to the names their parents so painstakingly choose for them smacks of inferiority complex!

Jack Ma is the English name of Ma Yun. But his passport will still say Ma Yun not Jack Ma. What's the big deal?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-3 21:49:42 |Display all floors
Congratulations! You have shown us that you can generalize, stereotype, and be a xenophobe, all in three short paragraphs.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-3 21:51:05 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-7-2 00:27
You seem to be moving in ecessively snobbish circles.I have never met Chinese of the ilk you are d ...

I would suggest he inhaled some "wacky tobacco".
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-3 21:53:01 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2016-7-2 11:45
Even if one is married to a foreigner, there is no need to discard her ancestral name and adopt hi ...

Most do it as a sign of respect to their husband's family. You remember respect, right? It's something very few people have any more. Including you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.