Views: 9870|Replies: 58

Can homosexuality be cured?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-6-14 16:54:33 |Display all floors
(Global Times) A local court in Central China's Henan Province on Monday accepted a lawsuit filed by a gay man against a mental hospital after he was forcibly hospitalized for 19 days to receive treatment for a sexual preference disorder.

Yu Hu (pseudonym), 37, was forced into care at the Second People's Hospital of Zhumadian by his family members on October 8 after he filed for divorce from his wife, according to a press release sent to the Global Times.

He was then hospitalized for 19 days, during which time he was made to receive injections and take medicines such as antidepressants.

"They did it simply because I am gay," Yu was quoted as saying in a press release. "I don't know how many other people have been treated like this. They must be held accountable."

Yu was rescued from the hospital on October 26 by local police, who had been alerted to his plight by a gay rights activist.
Accusing the hospital of violating his personal freedom, Yu demanded an apology and compensation of 10,000 yuan ($1,520).
Huang Rui, Yu's lawyer, told the Global Times,  "The personal freedom of Chinese citizens is protected by law and cannot be infringed upon by hospitals or one's family members."

The third version of the Chinese Classification of Mental Disorders, released in 2001, removed homosexuality and bisexuality from the list of disorders, following the lead of the 1980 US Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.

Although homosexuality and bisexuality have been removed from lists of mental disorders, a few clinics in several cities were still found to  claim to be capable of "curing" homosexuality, said Huang.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-14 18:22:28 |Display all floors
In the movie Inception I guess you can do that by plant an idea in his head and it maybe work ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-14 19:14:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by emanreus at 2016-6-14 19:16

Can homosexuality be cured?
By humans , No.

You need to go back a bit further in our evolution.
Charles Darwin's theory of evolution and natural selection isn't an idea with holes.
It's one of the most solid theories in science.

It might sound rude, but animals don't have this problem.

Why, there are no Politicians in their history  

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-14 20:39:03 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-14 22:32:41 |Display all floors
Gayness has become a fad in the USA. It is unnatural and very much a cause of HIV and men. I really do not care if governments took it off the list of mental illiness or not.It is a sickness of the mind. Not all sickness of the brain can be cured. So most likely if a so called true gay, most likely be sick for life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-14 22:56:23 |Display all floors
Swifty55 Post time: 2016-6-14 22:32
Gayness has become a fad in the USA. It is unnatural and very much a cause of HIV and men. I really  ...

Careful there, bud ... Your homophobia is showing.

Homosexuality is not a "sickness of the mind/brain". Ever heard of something call 'genetics'? It's a little thing that has to do with stuff like DNA, and RNA.

"It is unnatural and very much a cause of HIV and men" ummm ... Being gay does not cause HIV. A virus causes HIV. Being gay does not cause men. Spermatozoa and ova cause children, which grow up to be men ... and women.

You, sir, are not very swift at all.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-15 04:22:30 |Display all floors
just a Gen that turned into wrong direction
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.