Views: 2521|Replies: 8

Are you an Elite or a pusher of the community? [Copy link] 中文

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-5-26 10:29:54 |Display all floors

Days ago, I read an article talking aboutwhat kind of students our schools should cultivate, elites or pushers of thecommunity. It is really a big topic.

In China, almost all of the schools think highly of cultivating as manyelites as possible, especially the training centers. The secondary schoolswould count how many students have been admitted to famous university likeBeijing University, Qing Hua University and so on. They will not miss the words“elite education” in their advertisements. Some schools are only proud ofhaving such top students. In most of the cases, they are rewarded according to thenumber of students admitted to colleges. What is education? Shall we only focuson the top students? Do they have to be shameful when they have less studentsadmitted to college?

What about that in America? It is said that America would like to usethe words “pusher of community”, not elite. What is the differences between apusher and an elite? Do you have any ideas?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-26 16:48:21 |Display all floors
Dear samlam, thanks for your interesting topics all the time even if you always forget the space key!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-26 16:58:17 |Display all floors
I believe current educaiton mechanism is the best through Chinese thousands of years history even if it still has a lot of problems. But we must be aware that future progress is basing on problems nowadays.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 07:58:46 |Display all floors
callmecary Post time: 2016-5-26 16:48
Dear samlam, thanks for your interesting topics all the time even if you always forget the space key ...

I just want to share my feeling with others and help our space here have more things to talk about.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 08:39:41 |Display all floors
samlam Post time: 2016-5-27 07:58
I just want to share my feeling with others and help our space here have more things to talk about ...

I mean many words are joint together in your threads.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 11:35:41 |Display all floors
callmecary Post time: 2016-5-26 16:58
I believe current educaiton mechanism is the best through Chinese thousands of years history even if ...

No best but better. If we want to have innovation, we got to change something and make it more practical.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 12:16:36 |Display all floors
callmecary Post time: 2016-5-27 08:39
I mean many words are joint together in your threads.

I see. Thank you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.