Author: sunnylin01

Can 'boot camp' cure internet addiction? [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-5 09:53:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-5 09:54:28 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 10:04:18 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 10:50:44 |Display all floors
My experience with my son and his friends convinced me of the dangers of "gaming" on computers. When he was a teenager he spent every spare moment playing. His personality changed and he became aggressive and depressed. Limiting his computer gaming time to 1 hour per night was a torture for him, but he did return to normal.
In China the problem is potentially worse because of the pressures to succeed at school. Teenagers with limited ability cannot keep up and become disillusioned. They give up and turn to one of the few leisure pursuits available; computer gaming. The computer becomes a warm and isolated bath where they feel safe to enjoy another reality. Attempts to disconnect them from this world are dealt with aggressively. Like any drug addiction, it must be treated as a medical mental illness. For the most serious cases maybe the only solution is a "cold turkey" approach of the "boot camp". Parents need to keep careful supervision over what their children do on computers and the time spent on "gaming". Computers are a vital tool in the 21st century if used sensibly.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-5-5 13:35:03 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2016-5-5 10:50
My experience with my son and his friends convinced me of the dangers of "gaming" on computers. When ...

I have a relative whose kid bought expensive items in the game in order to win. That is just a game item, it is not reality! This is seriously insane! If he couldn't get the money from his parents, he stole from his classmates. That's why at last his parents found him in the police custody.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-5 16:46:10 |Display all floors
For some young people the game is a more comfortable reality. The situation is exaggerated by the misuse of mobile phones that destroy natural social interaction.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-7 06:28:24 |Display all floors
GOOD LORD. ANOTHER fraudulent capitalist industry - just like the AUTISM CLINIC. Where are the POLICE!?!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.