Views: 27433|Replies: 335

What will happen to my house after 70 years?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-4-20 14:59:35 |Display all floors

Some homeowners in Wenzhou (whose 20-year land use rights have expired) will have to pay land transfer fees up to "hundreds of thousands" of Yuan, which reignited the discussions on what happens to houses after 70 years. In China, there is no private ownership of land. You can only obtain rights to use land. A land lease of up to 70 years is usually granted for residential purposes. With such soaring housing prices, is it reasonable to pay land transfer fees? When will China adopt the full private ownership of land?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 08:46:53 |Display all floors
Excellent thread.

I also want to know what will happen?
Denial, according the psychoanalysts, is one of the most primary mechanisms of defense. It consists in the attitude of denying or minimizing obvious facts of reality with which the individual can´t  cope or whose irresponsibility is unable to meet.

And I agree.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-4-21 08:57:18 |Display all floors
""When will China adopt the full private ownership of land?""

Never if we are lucky. Land ownership is just another path to feudalism.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 09:19:33 |Display all floors
you r greedy, the house should be in the public domain

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-4-21 09:51:53 |Display all floors
I hope China never goes with private land ownership. If you think rising home prices and land leases are bad, wait until you have to deal with rising property taxes, renewed assessments (that raise your costs even more) and companies who want you to sign over your mineral rights.
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-4-21 11:05:21 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2016-4-21 09:51
I hope China never goes with private land ownership. If you think rising home prices and land leases ...

After 70 years it belongs to the government. You get no compensation nothing.  If you buy second hand, in my case, the 70 years counts from when the house was first bought not when you bought it.  When you "buy" a house, what you're actually doing is renting it for 70 years. Is it reasonable?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 12:01:56 |Display all floors
being pull down and then reconstruct again ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.