Author: SherrySongSHSF

Is it fair to rate professors online?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-17 10:20:19 |Display all floors
I think it's fair.
In Chinese traditional culture, it is important to honour the teacher and respect his teaching.In Confucianism, the most important is heaven and earth, the monarch, parents, teachers.And Confucian thought has a great influence on Chinese people.So far the teacher is very sacred to many people.
However,no one is perfect, anyone can make a mistake. Some things can be forgiven, but there are some things that can't be tolerated.Who can guarantee that there will not be some teachers who are not suitable to continue to teach the people?
It is a fair way for students to evaluate teachers on the Internet.Students can represent a teacher's teaching level,and their feelings are important.
No one wants to see a teacher hurt the students, especially the parents.And students also need a guarantee.
And the website must ensure that each student's authenticity, to avoid some people use this way about gossip, malicious slander teacher.

English major
Group B
Cecilia

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 10:22:00 |Display all floors
Everything has its own value. I think the public evaluation online education has its own value, after all, every coin has two sides, we must not refuse to deny it. We all have the right to publish online about education, curriculum and learning point of view. In to share their ideas at the same time, also can let others pointed out their own success and shortcomings. Lack of themselves is not easy to find, only when others point out, they can go to change, strive to do their best. Through the exchange of public BBS, close the distance of each other, as the saying goes, all the firewood high flame, a lot of people evaluation together, work together, we are also in order to enable us to accept education to the next level. About the evaluation of teachers,we hold our own ideas but we don't be strict to evaluate them on purpose.We will tell our real feelings.So we don't need to go to criticize this BBS is good or bad, in my opinion, it has its own practical significance.
E.          Cindy  .          20150020884

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 11:09:10 |Display all floors
About this topic ,I want to give my own opinion ,as you can see ,now many high school or colleges require their students to rate their professor online ,I don't think it's a good idea ,in my opinion ,I think it's unfair for professor ,when students rate their professor online ,they will concerned about a lot of things ,they will think if they give high score to their professor online they can get high exam grades from their professor ,but if they give their professor low score ,they also will get low grades from professor.And some students give low evaluation to their professor online just because they hate their professor ,so I think students should rate their professor face to fate not online ,that is a good way to rate professor fairly .
NAME inda
GROUP:G

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 11:20:57 |Display all floors
       There is a good side and a bad side to everthing.So it goes without sayhing that the public online evaluations also have two sides.
        From the good side, most of the students could freely express their ture view for professors that maybe is some words that they afraid to say in class,so proferssors will make appropriate adjustment for the teaching scheme according to some useful advise,which can bring good effects between student and professor.Besides,this public method also can make professors strive to seek the best way to faciliate the teaching and creat a harmonious or cheerful atmosphere.
        From the bad side,some of students maybe will make unfair judgement for their professors just accoring to their personal feeling,self emotion,regdless of whether the teaching level of the professors is good or not,so this ignorant comment not only can bring bad effects for the professors work but also break their heart in a way.In addition to, some professors maybe feel uncomfortable for their students's comments,so they probably with the passive mood to teach.There is no doubt that the teaching conditon will become not good  for that problem.

All in all,in my view,nothing can't be perfect, so the only thing we can do is make full use of the advantages,and strive to decrease the bad effects.And i hope this method will improve and become better in furture.

Group D

Name Winni

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 11:32:53 |Display all floors
There are advantages and disadvanges to rate professors online. On one hand , teaching evaluation can help teachers understand their advantages and disadvantages of teaching, and show their strengths and improve their own shortcomings, to achieve the best teaching effect.On the other hand, many schools teaching evaluation in China is merely formal, nothing too big significance, and even when doing the evaluation of the teacher let the students review good. In a word , we should be practical and realistic evaluation to the teacher, and we can't listen to the opinions of others.
Cherry      20150020888

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 11:36:46 |Display all floors
There is a good side and a bad side to everthing.So it goes without sayhing that the public online evaluations also have two sides.
        From the good side, most of the students could freely express their ture view for professors that maybe is some words that they afraid to say in class,so proferssors will make appropriate adjustment for the teaching scheme according to some useful advise,which can bring good effects between student and professor.Besides,this public method also can make professors strive to seek the best way to faciliate the teaching and creat a harmonious or cheerful atmosphere.
        From the bad side,some of students maybe will make unfair judgement for their professors just accoring to their personal feeling,self emotion,regdless of whether the teaching level of the professors is good or not,so this ignorant comment not only can bring bad effects for the professors work but also break their heart in a way.In addition to, some professors maybe feel uncomfortable for their students's comments,so they probably with the passive mood to teach.There is no doubt that the teaching conditon will become not good  for that problem.
        All in all,in my view,nothing can't be perfect, so the only thing we can do is make full use of the advantages,and strive to decrease the bad effects.And i hope this method will improve and become better in furture.

Group D
Name Winni

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-17 11:47:32 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2016-4-11 19:04
Online evaluation is a stupid idea as it will allow students with grudges, malicious intent or such  ...

I can't agree with you.Different people  have different idears..There advantages and disadvantages to teaching evaluation,we cannot treat as the same.         Cherry     20150020888

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.