Author: spiderman006

Yulin dog meat festival, Ban it or just leave it alone?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-7 07:57:38 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-6 21:36
I did not "single out China". This thread is about a dog killing in CHINA, not in Greenland or Fin ...

Again I stress that the majority of dogs killed for meat were bred for eating and the killing is often in the same way as with other meat animals. Why single out dogs? Have pigs and sheep got less rights?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-4-7 07:58:54 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2016-4-6 22:00
please keep this inside your classroom.
your argument is weak.

Maybe so but why single out dogs, are other animals also not worthy of better treatment?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-7 07:59:49 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-7 08:02:36 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-7 07:59
I do not agree with you at all. You are blinkered.

Why? Please explain why a dog deserves better treatment than a sheep.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-7 08:06:57 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-7 08:12:34 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-7 08:19:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-4-7 08:06
Civilised people have enough choices when it come to meat and do not need to be offered exotic ani ...

I have to disagree with you, humans are naturally omnivorous, the diet of most people is not a healthy one but salt sugar and the like are more harmful than meat.

As a child I had a pet rabbit but I still eat rabbit, our neighbour bred pigs, we hand fed them and when they were ready bought a full one for the freezer, my parents have a dog, I love the dog and the dog loves me but as I see it all animals should have humane treatment and as long as the breeding is humane I see no difference which animal is bred for meat. If you talked of the general conditions of animal breeding in China I would most likely be on your side.

Off track a little, did you see the over bred German Shepherd at Crufts? Is that not also cruelty from so calld dog lovers.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.