Author: spiderman006

Death penalty, indispensable or not?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-5 07:45:55 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-5 08:18
leho Post time: 2016-4-4 14:29
Secondly, wealth is not needed for a good society. You just need enough, and that's not a lot.

Please jump out of gold fish tank you have grown up, go find a poor area, like slums in South Americas, in India, etc.

Just live in a condition that you can NOT afford your kid going to school, or you can't afford internet, or no clear water or toilet.

Stay there for 6 months. Understood?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-5 07:46:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-5 08:04
You know, just because a person can't answer your question, it doesn't mean he's wrong.

First stop calling them "criminals."

When I talk about good things and doing good, talk about the importance of positive beliefs and spirituality, I actually get support on western sites.

What part don't you understand? I don't give a rat @$$ about your believe, it is how criminals react to your "pouring love" that matters.

Yes,
they are criminals because they are found guilty, should be executed swiftly so to deliver a clear message to the potential criminals that they won't get away if they dare to commit the crime.

If you say there were mistakes, then you should support death penalty with undisputable evidence, like eye witness, videotape, DNA, etc

BTW, do you drive? don't you know each year hundreds of thousands of people are injured or killed in car accidents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-5 07:49:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-5 08:04
emanreus Post time: 2016-4-4 21:10
They been destined to die

I said "a society can be good only if it has vast wealth to support, unless it is a society with class or super religious."

You two obviously didn't have sense of logic.

I exclude the examples due to religion resaons. I didn't say anything about region like Palestine.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-5 08:07:33 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-5 08:33
Look at the first Chinese reply on this thread: the death penalty is lenient, because life is suffering. Doesn't this tell you of the sad state of certain parts of China? You just don't value life,

You know how many MORE mainlanders would have died, if mainland had the same murder rate as in USA ?

(US 3.8 per 100,000, China 0.8 per 100,000)

How many children among them? 6,000? 10,000 ?

Enlighten us by showing how much you value lives.

You feel so great ABOUT YOURSELF to save a killer's life even it means that another rapist kills an innocent girl because he is not afraid of being caught, don't you?

Seneca, how do you feel about 6,000 MORE children being killed EACH YEAR because of your believe ? Can you do math? that is 60,000 children during 10 years period. Total 400,000 MORE killed because of your believe. Still feel great?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-5 09:12:16 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2016-4-5 08:07
You know how many MORE mainlanders would have died, if mainland had the same murder rate as in USA  ...

Your arrogance is unbelievable. Just wow.

So if the death penalty deters "criminals" as you people like to point out, why has the US still got such a high murder rate? Anyway, I don't answers what-if scenarios, because there are thousands of possibilities.

You can give them a life sentence, then they won't be out and about killing more people.

I feel nothing about their life, to be honest, because I don't know them, and I wouldn't consider it anything to do with me if their life was saved. But you just couldn't get me to hand out any death sentences. You do what you want.

You know, I've gotten an impression that a group of your people actually enjoy the death sentence. Do you feel some kind of satisfaction from it? I hear things online from Mainland Chinese like, HK doesn't have a death sentence, but Mainland China does, yay! ...Sounds crazy to me.

Anyway, not here to convince anyone, because those who understand won't need any convincing but just a small reminder, but I just don't think Seneca is wrong on this. With him being so negative about China, I'm just surprised to learn that he's actually got a heart somewhere in there.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-5 09:17:14 |Display all floors
By the way, the numbers you gave are pure exaggeration and just plainly false. You want to make it look as if you are so right and look how bad it would be if you didn't just get rid of such people. But there's no way you can prove those numbers.

Just like you can't prove the ramifications of the death penalty, like how much worse a society such an extreme penalty can create because there is no forgiveness in your society. Really, there is no comparison, because things are not so simple as you'd like to make ti seem.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-5 09:18:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-5 09:18
leho Post time: 2016-4-5 09:12
o if the death penalty deters "criminals" as you people like to point out, why has the US still got such a high murder rate? Anyway, I don't answers what-if scenarios, because there are thousands of possibilities.

If death penalty doesn't deter criminals, what penalty could have deter crimes? NONE. So you are saying that your judicial system did nothing in stopping crimes, and should be thrown out of windows.

Now, what is the most common reason for crimes outside mideast ? my guess is money. and I guess that one of the reasons is that there are much fewer poor people in Europe.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.