Author: spiderman006

Death penalty, indispensable or not?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-4 10:30:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-4 11:59:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by ztoa789 at 2016-4-4 12:00
seneca Post time: 2016-4-4 10:30
In a good society, parents love their children and they also love their neighbours and fellow citi ...

Heyhey, a society can be good only if it has vast wealth to support, unless it is a society with class or super religious.

Do you have an ounce of common sense? or do you just completely ignore the reality?

Again :

What do hideous criminals think of your pouring love for them, huh?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-4 14:29:05 |Display all floors
ztoa789 Post time: 2016-4-4 11:59
Heyhey, a society can be good only if it has vast wealth to support, unless it is a society with cl ...

You know, just because a person can't answer your question, it doesn't mean he's wrong.

What's sad is that you passionately believe what you say is true.

First stop calling them "criminals." Negative labels don't help. Call them people who have committed whatever crime. All people are aware of kindnesses, no matter how small, given to them, even if they don't openly admit it. So the answer to your question is, the soul acknowledges whatever kindness is received, and that is enough. Don't be so short-sighted. Life is not just this one lifetime.

Secondly, wealth is not needed for a good society. You just need enough, and that's not a lot. Our material world has gotten way off track in that regard, where money has become synonymous with survival. What is more urgently needed is a better understanding of what life really is about. You need to be happy to be good. That's it. Though this is not to say you should take wealth from people and make everyone equally poor. While wealth is not a true determinant of happiness, you should give people the freedom to live as they wish. If people want wealth, they should be allowed to have it.

When I talk about good things and doing good, talk about the importance of positive beliefs and spirituality, I actually get support on western sites. Whereas whenever I talk of such things with your group of people, I always get told things like, it's not practical to have a good society where forgiveness rules; like, "criminals" must be killed off, people are generally not good, good people will get taken advantage of, etc, etc.

Look at the first Chinese reply on this thread: the death penalty is lenient, because life is suffering. Doesn't this tell you of the sad state of certain parts of China? You just don't value life, and that's why life isn't good for you. You people just don't acknowledge the gift of life. You think death is better, and so you don't see how the death penalty is inhumane. Since when did 2 wrongs ever make a right?

If "criminals" could never be reformed like you say, then life would not exist, period. Because there would be no point.

One of the saddest things I've come to realize is that many Chinese people lack the basic understanding of what it means to have a good life and to be happy.

You can make life tough and harsh as you seem to believe it is, and it will be true for you. No one will dispute you on that, but you can't say that it's the Truth with a capital T that is the one and only truth for all life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-4 15:03:45 |Display all floors
leho Post time: 2016-4-4 14:29
You know, just because a person can't answer your question, it doesn't mean he's wrong.

What's sa ...

you are right to some extent,but considering  smooth social operation, those who did misdeeds must be punished and punished strictly and uprightly. Thus we think it's not an easy topic to abolish the death penalty than it seems.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-4 15:22:27 |Display all floors
spiderman006 Post time: 2016-4-4 15:03
you are right to some extent,but considering  smooth social operation, those who did misdeeds must ...

I'm 100% right and not just to some extent, but it's hard to make you see.

I'm not asking you to abolish the death penalty. I ask that more Chinese people have some forgiveness in their hearts. Laws change naturally as people change. We don't need to focus on the laws but on the people, their thoughts and their attitude and the society.

It is sad to read that you have the death penalty because you have no choice, when in fact you do have a choice. Otherwise, how do those societies that have abolished the death penalty survive. But I am glad you think like your government. This just goes to show that the government does represent the will of the people. But again, I don't care about the laws but it's more important how most Chinese people think. It is just sad that Chinese mentality is so low on the spiritual evolution scale.

You see, you try to agree with me, yet you still don't understand that human life is valuable.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-4 20:59:17 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-4 21:01:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.