Views: 3622|Replies: 10

Should men learn to cook? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-3-16 15:17:43 |Display all floors
I find that most guys I know can cook pretty well even though the wife probably does it most of the time. I like cooking and I cook at home almost everyday. I don't like to eat outside very much, cause it is cheaper and safer to cook at home. I think my cooking skill is pretty good, when I have friends to visit me, I will show them my speciality dish. Do you cook at home? And do you think men should learn to cook?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-21 20:54:15 |Display all floors
My wife is a good family-cook who learned the skill from her father. My cooking skill is so poor that she often scold me for this reason!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-3-21 21:08:49 |Display all floors
my rice always comes out soggy
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-24 11:33:39 |Display all floors
I learned cooking & baking in school. From 7th to 10th grade we had "hands on" cooking and household lessons every Monday for 3 hours. I liked it a lot. Later I was always cooking on something like making gravad/marinated Salmon or marinate and prepare all kinds of meat for the BBQ at weekends. The theme* Birthday cakes for my children were of special importance and many hours were spend on that the day before.
Nowadays my wife does the cooking and she is really good at it. Her Chinese food is a lot healthier to me than what I know to cook. And the kitchen we have now were we rent an apartment is very small, -far away from cooking western food conveniently. And because I am also so lazy after work and prefer sipping on a perfectly cooled pint of beer whilst waiting for dinner getting served.

*Space shuttle cake, Dinosaur cake, ...
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-24 14:08:59 |Display all floors
My father cooks better than my mom.My favorite dish cooked by my father is Garlic Mudfish.Influenced by my family ,I strongly hope my future boyfriend are capable of cooking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-24 19:07:20 |Display all floors
Some of the best cooks/chef are men
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-24 21:42:54 |Display all floors
Yes men should learn to cook.

Even if they only do it once or twice a year, the surprise and commitment it will show to their family and or friends will provide untold benefits and pleasure. The satisfaction of success is great, and all it takes is good ingredients and following the recipe, then improvise with experience.
Attitude : Life is 10 percent what happens to you,  and 90 percent how you react to it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.