Views: 8916|Replies: 21

This was NO MISTAKE!! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-13 16:22:51 |Display all floors
For all of you who still can't get the message, or you think this a mistake...or curiosity...go smack yourself with a  Wok so you can wake up!!

As a Marketing Manager with an appliance company in Shunde, Foshan, I always attaend trade shows to show our company products and do the business. After 3 years, I can tell you that I have met no other foreigners who are in as deep as I am, as I work for privately owned Chinese companies, not US owned, or international trading companies.

Last year, I took a train to Vietnam about 10 days before the 1st China Guangdong Commodites Fair. (This is like a small version of the Canton Fair).

Because my company always does live cooking demonstrations, I travel first to hire local cooks in other countries, plan menus, and arrange other services for my group, such as hotels, entertainment, and tourism.

After making arrangements for about 45 Chinese at a 5-Star hotel in Hp Chi Minh city, I focused on other preparations with the local organizers.
That night, and for the next 9 days, I stayed in a cheap hotel to save money.

When the group from China arrived, I checked out of my hotel, and moved into the 5-Star hotel, in which all rooms were paid for and the room assignments were made randomly by the Chinese organizers.

When I arrived to my room there was nobody there, just luggage. Later that night, about 10:00 pm I arrived and met my assigned roomate, a chinese man, who I thought I had met before, but could not remember where. I said hello (he could speak english), and then he called someone on his mobile and walked out of the room.

I went to sleep.

About 12:00 midnight, the door opened, lights came on, and there were about 5 people in the hallway outside my room, with my roommate clearly upset. This time they spoke only Chinese, but I knew he did not want to share the room with me. He moved out.

About 1:30 AM the next morning, a different roommate came. This gut did not even enter the room after he saw me, even though he was informed that I was the organizer, and a consultant for the Chamber of Commerce, who assists his company.

This time a full blown argument was going on in the hallway, and most people were wearing pajamas!!

I was too tired to argue, beyond insult, and most importantly, feeling that I simply did not want to see those who I had worked so hard to help.

I checked-out of the hotel at about 2:00am wearing my slippers, got into a taxi and went back to my cheap hotel, where they were happy to see me, and where I felt comfortable.

The next morning I went to the 5-Star hotel to meet my General Manager and have breakfast...there were about 200 Chinese there and I guess they all knew what happened because the room fell silent when I walked in.

Because I was black...they refused to be in a room with me  

Do you remember when I told you that I thought I knew the 1st roomate??? I was right.

The Boss of the 1st roomie was a student of mine when I taught Marketing, part-time, a year before at his factory. The roomie also attended the classes but did not recognize me. It was the initiatives of my training that led that company to Vietnam in the first place.

The General Manager of that company said that he was sorry, but it does not make me feel better. 2 people hurt me deeply on the same night. People who I was committed, in business or personal matters, to help when abroad.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-13 17:20:59 |Display all floors

Those stupid ........................

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-13 18:04:23 |Display all floors

this is outrageous!!!

Their ignorance is absolutely beyond me!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-13 18:57:45 |Display all floors

You have my deepest sympathy

Dear professor, I'm very sorry to hear your story.

Those people were terribly ill-mannered. It's big surprise to me as well, since those people were from a well-developed and rich area in China. I probably should give up the belief that most Chinese are friendly to black, which is based on my personal experience and limited social circle.

Wealth itself can't improve one's moral level. With so many stupid people, sometimes I really feel this country is hopeless.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-13 19:07:01 |Display all floors

your story

Your story is unpleasant however I am not surprised to hear it, I have known some Chinese do are unfriendly to the blacks.I wish you will meet more kind and friendly Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-13 20:01:49 |Display all floors

hello, "invalid" "professor" "seneca": --- tell me about your marketing plan,

by the way, the same forged "drama" of your this nasty "article".

Let's discuss about your "marketing plan, marketing program", "objectives" related information so that your forgery could be made more "real", even though it will still be too far from being real "real".

by the way, why do you name yourself as "professor" on CD, instead of "marketing manager", which supposed to be closer to be "real" as per this your article???

TRASH!!!

You don't make any MARKETING SENSE, "drfeelgood"!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-13 20:04:58 |Display all floors

You obviously had NO IDEAR about the reality of the SOFTWARE QUALITY in Chinese

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.