Author: wuzheyuamily

Private schools attempt to keep Tibetan language alive [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-2-1 12:54:34 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-2-3 12:12:23 |Display all floors
In English

Let's cherish double standard for it makes life more interesting.   

1. Chinese immigrants to English nations must learn English. Foreigners choose to make their home in China should not be obliged to learn chinese.  

2. English should be made an official language in China. It's cultural imperialism to make chinese the official language in Tibet.

3. no putonghua was allowed in Hong Kong's local schools but international schools  could continue with teaching chinese in putonghua, NOT cantonese, for the sake of showing respect for local culture.

4. To promote English in Britain, children were not allowed to speak languages other than English in school, offenders would be whipped. It's cultural imperialism and barbaric to promote putonghua in Hong Kong and Tibet bcoz no whipping is involved. Such contrast should not be taken with surprise or criticism becoz  the british gentlemen are renowned role models in showing the world how respect for local culture could be accomplished by colonialism whereas chinese has done nothing more than just destroying others culture for the sake of empire expansion.

5. Non-cantonese speaking students from Mainland China studying in hk should be morally obliged to learn cantonese to show respect for local dominance but students from other places could be exempted becoz the culturally chinese dominant hk is rightful to be english friendly with English being one of hk's 3 official languages whereas Putonghua, the official chinese language spoken by the other >1 billion chinese in China, Taiwan and Singapore is not entitled to such rightfulness.

6. To promote global communication and harmony, everyone should learn English. To preserve Tibetan culture, ordinary Tibetan should not learn chinese.

7. I m not a supremacist if only Roman alphabets are to constitute the future global  language but suggestion of elements other than the roman alphabets playing a part is asking for judgement time: ordinary nationalist racist idiot must be eliminated.

8. I m a warm hearted animal lover who has great respect for animals feelings so I m disgusted by other ppl who do not show the same kind of love and respect for animals as mine, thats why I have no hesitation in making harsh comments on ppl from different culture with little regard for their feelings.  By the same token of logic, I have no problem with blunt comments sneered at me upfront by others. I am so much more into animal than ppl that I actually think animal-like is a more heart warming adjective than human-like.  I decide to take it as a compliment if others consider me as more animal-like.

9. This China daily forum is the trashiest forum of all but I still frequent here enthusiastically on a daily basis to have my well intended opinions about the shallow and uncivilized chinese heard. The trashiest forum serves my sense of betterment and non-shallow very matured ego just right.

10. I am living with a host family who I have little respect for which is why I always pick on their faults and spit on their faces but I would still continue to live in their house and eat their food. I feel so gratified and proud of myself, thanks to my upbringing and doctorate education. I must have made my parents and my alma mater proud  too for setting a good example of thick skin and non-fragile ego for the world to see.

11. I m a bubbly teenage living on the fast lane and I enjoy advising that long living old folk how to live his life to the full becoz I think he must be so envy of my colorful life and desperate for my guidance.

12. My stupendous sensibility forbids me from sensing any double standard in the above becoz I m not crooked and only a saint like me can set the standard and save the world.

the list can go on.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-2-3 13:28:52 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-2-3 13:41:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-2-3 15:36:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-2-1 12:54
You strayed off the topic with your cogitations about the values of Mandarin versus Cantonese.

Y ...

There are no more elites in China. You're academically bankrupt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-2-3 15:40:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-2-3 13:41
There is fine humour in that piece, Guocheng, that you wrote; no other Chinese can write with so muc ...

>..Tibet's culture is encroached upon and is now in its death throes.<

Tibet's culture is thriving and people's living standard is getting better every day. You're more backward than I thought.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-2-3 20:40:54 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.