Views: 1505|Replies: 6

Children with rare diseases to encourge people to look beyond their condition [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-11-22 11:33:45 |Display all floors

Matthew is totally in love with football, it’s his passion

i-photograph-children-with-rare-diseases-to-encourage-people-to-look-beyond-thei.jpg

He has Crouzon syndrome and has a cochlear implant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-22 11:37:53 |Display all floors

Elisabeth loves to dance and has recently started ballet lessons

i-photograph-children-with-rare-diseases-to-encourage-people-to-look-beyond-thei.jpg

She was born as a twin at a gestation of 23 weeks and 4 days. She weights 1lb 4.5 ounces. After 3 months it was discovered that she had developed hydrocephalus (water on the brain) probably caused by a small brain hemorrhage.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-22 11:39:08 |Display all floors

Tomos dreams of the day he can play football for Manchester United

He has Spina Bifida.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-22 11:40:27 |Display all floors

April is a brave and determined little character, so friendly and quirky, she charms everyone who meets her

She has Hurlers Syndrome.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-22 11:41:32 |Display all floors

Grace loves everything to do with Disney, especially Mickey

She has sacral agenesis, a heart murmur, pvl and a misplaced spleen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-22 11:42:39 |Display all floors

Heidi enjoys going to the cinema, eating out, putting the make-up on, having her nails painted and dressing up as Disney princesses. She absolutely adores animals and going on family days out

She has Ehlers Danlos syndrome type 3. It is a collagen disorder that makes her joints to partial sublux (dislocate) and to fully dislocate. She also has low muscle tone which causes her to be very unsteady on her feet, it also causes tiredness & severe chronic pain around the joints

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-22 11:43:45 |Display all floors

Faith is an affectionate, fun, chatty, loving, warm 14-year-old with a great sense of humour

She was born with a small deletion on the short arm of chromosome 11 known as WAGR syndrome. This genetic problem caused her to have the condition aniridia amongst other complications, glaucoma, cataracts and nystagmus (wobbly eyes) all forming to give a sight ratio of around 3/60 and recognized medically as severely visually impaired/blind.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.