Author: mixamixa

Hong Kong vs. China football match   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-11-20 08:32:16 |Display all floors
checkthisdude Post time: 2015-11-20 08:23
"Totalitarian ruling"

Pot calling kettle blah blah

It was a joke, mate. You don't have any sense of humor.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 08:34:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tedbrent at 2015-11-20 09:07
checkthisdude Post time: 2015-11-20 08:22
Good. Now get your hands off it!

You are not playing with a full deck.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 09:05:32 |Display all floors
checkthisdude Post time: 2015-11-20 08:23
"Totalitarian ruling"

Pot calling kettle blah blah

TVB, the biggest TV network in Hong Kong,  would  still  be an admirable TV network if it had been bought by Murdoch

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 09:53:48 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2015-11-20 08:30
Nah. The British then never viewed Hongkong as part of the U.K.  That explains why Britain didn't  ...

Can it? Come 1997, tada! But sweating Britain was still sharpening its cleavers all the while so that Iron Lady Thatcher may on that fatal day whomp it down and continue "administering" the golden goose. So who needs "management mavens or notables" in the dying days? Their careers will equally cease there and then. The end-of-days Governor Chris Patten, the last of the stooges, tried his hand at being the choicest representative in the shortest time possible and even went so far as to install his own hand picked lieutenants in defiance of a new paradigm. Alas, his favorite egg-tarts would fly smack in his face.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-11-20 10:05:37 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2015-11-20 08:09
They should be hiring me to be the coach of their national team. I would point my gun at such la ...

They have already tried top coaches, and whilst improvement has been made, the problem of personal glory remains an issue with the players....
They all want to be the one that scores the winning goal..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 11:27:46 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2015-11-19 19:19
I don't think you really know what's happening in Hongkong nor twig the minds of local inhabitants ...

China is indeed unique in many ways if to compare with the west, for a start our name and adress are in the opposite order and our language is the only non-phonic based. Such differences are destined to shape our mind and even our physic differently. I think any outsiders coming to experience living in China should learn to appreciate the uniqueness while China is also on the quest to assimilate influences from the outside world so as to blend in the de-uniquing process of globalization.

The mentality of counting on foreigners to coach is not much different from admitting football is really not our arena.  Despite being a defeated country, Japan has outdone most European and South American countries in terms of economic affluence after WW2.  They have also been more than willing to invest in the football sector.  Judging by outcome vs input, I don't think it looks cost effective. Racial differences is a matter of fact yet relevant discussion is still much a sensitive taboo for the sake of political correctness. Each race is unique in its own way.  We Asian probably are more apt at mental drills, while Africans can run faster, the white are better with swimming. If we can accept different skin tone per race, then why can't we accept different strength per race? Just like man and woman are destined to have different strength.  Has it ever occurred to u that Asian's facial features are more streamlined and less prominent? What does a milder body scent signify?

Politics is the leverage play among different interest groups. Too complicated for a common folk like me to comment on. I merely want to point out that the chinese mindset has been culturally conditioned to work from the opposite perspective from the west: The group's interest comes before the individual's.  Hk is at the touch point of such clashes, hence (Hk is part of China)  vs (Hk is not China). From central government's perspective, any decision regarding Hk has consequences not just for Hk but the rest of China as well. U can't expect the head of the household to have the same level of perspective like the young kid of house. The kid is only expected to take care of himself but the father needs to make sure everyone is fed. Hk has had quite different exposure from China in recent history, to cultivate similar sense of belonging like the other chinese takes time and effort. open discussion and aborting man-made barriers are in line with such effort.  

'普通话作为国家提倡的法定语言,应该大力推广,能消除中国人之间的沟通障碍,消除地域意识,提高民族认同感,防止国家分裂,何乐而不为'

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-11-20 11:29:34 |Display all floors
SnakeisIS Post time: 2015-11-20 11:13
Yeah put them down, u slug-brained anglo.  What else are you good at apart from lying and smearing ...

even the best saw how poor the standard of football is...
pass pass....you must be joking..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.