Author: mixamixa

Hong Kong vs. China football match   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-11-19 15:38:53 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-11-19 15:07
My home team, Celtic, has won on quite a few occasions international fans of the year. Not all the ...

The last incident I think involved rangers fans when they played in the final of the Europa league in Manchester...
worst night of destruction since the blitz the police said
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 16:31:01 |Display all floors
seanboyce88 Post time: 2015-11-19 12:30
If you abolish cantonese, I think you will only exasperate the problem, not make it better. You ar ...

Thanks for not judging on my missing capitals.

Yes, exasperation could be inevitable if done without paving the way ahead. Open discussion backed with facts and good reasons should help bridge differences and ease the inevitable.

Abolishing the official status doesn't mean no cantonese allowed. Cantonese has never been the official language in canton and ppl there still talk in cantonese.   Both are cantonese speaking area why can't Hk follow suit. I am for dialects to be spoken among the locals to preserve cultural heritage and language diversity but cantonese shouldn't be made official. We Chinese are still paying the price for foreigners intentional mistake.

As u said, government is there for the ppl's interest. All the facts and reasons are supportive of positive outcome from the amendment,  why the hesitation?

The purpose of 2 systems is not meant for further disassociation but for transition to the ultimate unification ie blending into China's system. By the same token of logic, what used to be working in colonial Hk is not going to work for China.  It's time Hk getting used to how things are done in China, not China to cater for hk's colonial way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 19:19:04 |Display all floors
guocheng2015cd Post time: 2015-11-19 11:40
In all my attempt to revile HK's hostility towards China, I mentioned nothing about the game. To  ...

I don't think you really know what's happening in Hongkong nor twig the minds of local inhabitants, whose votiting rights  have been violated and their striden calls to enact economic and political reforms have been neglected by Chief Executive of Hong Kong , leung chun-ying, who is widely perceived as a political droid for the Chinese government in Hongkong.  Therefore, it's understandable for them to be up in arms about his dictorship and inepitude. Plus,  resentments against Chinese conservatives'  pledge to mainlandize  Hongkong have been growing since the emergence of  Umbrella Revolution in Hongklong, pitting local residents against mainlanders.

How could they be nice to mainlanders when you and your comrades want to strip of  their cilvil rights ?  Why would you take them to task and pigeonhole  them as  traitors? What's wrong with their strenuous efforts to protect civil rights and the freedom of expression? Do they have to be serfs  like you who simply don't come out swinging when some technocrats and despots set forth some dodgy plans aimed to impinge upon on their personal rights?

And I'm not agreeable to your  argument that black footballers are superior to Chinese soccer players, even though it's telling that black footballers are stronger in terms of " physical fitness and aggressiveness." Just take a look at  Japanese football and  youth development in Japan , where many ripsnorting soccer  training camps have been set up nationwide; moreover, more and more talented Japanese young soccer players have been handpicked by big-name foreign clubs casting about for gifted young footballers in Asia, including China.

Which means we have good reason to believe that a Chinese soccer still has a bright future, insofar as the management of Chinese football association does sterling work, such as hiring the right people to oversee its youth soccer development and creating a training system in which foreign coaches are given the elbow room to choose the desirable players whom they truly admire. Altogether, never mess with such foreign coaches living in China and persuade them to accept the idea that China is a unique nation.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 03:55:55 |Display all floors
tedbrent Post time: 2015-11-19 19:19
I don't think you really know what's happening in Hongkong nor twig the minds of local inhabitants ...

Wonder who gave Hong Kong democracy, not the Brits of course! The vile colonial system is finished and done for and now these same despots want to claim the moral high ground in Hong Kong's democracy!  Very vile!

Hong Kong is having something that it has never experienced before and is only starting to learn. It must, nevertheless, sooner or later mend in with the mainland otherwise it will always be economically entangled disproportionately with China's system, and evidently with the world. It's not a question of listening to who, what, or why; it's but to maintain the best possible balance that both Hong Kong and China can accept, and to thwart those that try to sabotage the process.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 07:52:20 |Display all floors
  Do you even have to verify what people write here?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 07:54:44 |Display all floors
You seem to have trouble figuring out what's democrocy.  Tellingly,  It's striking that the people of Hong Kong are not content to fall prey to censorship, totalitarian ruling and  income inequality  as most mainlanders, who still shy away from giving a voice to the critical issues related to their own financial  interests and civil rights, lest they get accused of" interferring with the internal affairs of the Chinese government".

That's not the case in Hongkong, where most local citizens feel compelled to establish and plump for  the rule of law in Hongkong, as well as the right to vote and freedom of expression, which are supposed to be protected by Hong Kong Basic Law. Yet there are grounds to believe that  leung chun-ying,  Chief Executive of Hong Kong, has taken a different approach in this context, striving to put forward a batch of  conflict-ridden plans  with a view to foiling the opposition's attempts to foster democracy and  values. To make matters worse,  leung chun-ying, a political marionette and scammer  who is only attentive to the pork-barrel issues apropos of his own family's financial benefits-it's widely reported that he is said to have taken backhanders from an Australian company-often makse a point of doing anything that's not detrimental to his political career at the expense of the needy living in Hongkong, such as playing ball with the Chinese government in their quest to quell dissidents and muffle different voices.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-20 07:55:42 |Display all floors
  It truly cracks me up.  You even have to verify it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.