Views: 3050|Replies: 4

Will you accept parent's arrangement to see someone?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-11-11 19:10:35 |Display all floors
Today's  China's Singles' Day, a day to remind those who still have no boy/girl-friend. Also a shot in the arm for those Chinese helicopter parents who want to arrange their kids' future. One of my neighbors come over and complained about her mom of arranging a blind date for her in the weekend and asked if she should go or not?

Actually I don't know how to react to such situation, and I just suggest the girl to follow her heart. What's your opinion over this issue? What kind of advice could you give to this girl?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-11 21:00:53 |Display all floors
Some one might argue that she is the one going to live with her partner. That's true but the parent's approval or disapproval matters a lot. It pays to honor one's parent, it doesn't cost.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-11 21:10:46 |Display all floors
If she can not make up her own mind at this stage in her life whether or not to meet someone - I imagine she is over 25 - she may not to be mature enough for an adult relationship.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-12 12:21:26 |Display all floors
now at this age .. I wouldn't accept a blind date ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-12 15:48:32 |Display all floors
well, in my opinion, i think if you are at the right age and it is the right time and above all, you are single now without anyone in your mind, then why not have a try? meething new people is not a bad idea. maybe you can hit the sweetest tone.  then if you have someone in you mind, you'd better not go. and you can tell your parents the truth, i am parents who really love us will listen to us and understand us as well.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.