sfphoto Post time: 2015-11-4 02:28
That's still 15 years away...2030.

You wish jellyfish

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-4 11:05:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-11-4 11:32
cestmoi Post time: 2015-11-4 07:04
That's the objective.

But you cannot achieve that if you let the population grow faster than th ...

Guess what is biggest growth industry over the next 15-30 years in the developing world?

The offshore retirement, offshore healthcare and medical tourism industries.

As the white population ages and retires over the next 15-30 years in the developed countries in the Northern Hemisphere, those retirees living in high-cost countries with cold climates would want to retire in lower-cost countries with warm climates. The number one export of the "West" in the coming decades will be old white people with gray hair because it's simply too expensive for them to retire in their own countries.

Young people in the "West" are less inclined to consume as much as their post-war parents who lusted after material abundance after experiencing penury during the wartime era. They're much more interested in buying new "experiences" rather acquiring brand-name products. So things like foreign travel, exotic foods, ethnic cultures, etc. are going to be far more interesting to them than just the bland consumerist lifestyles of their parents and grandparents. Even owning properties is not as important to them as enjoying their carefree lifestyles.

China is just the opposite. As China urbanizes, the Chinese urban population will increase thus increasing consumption. After experiencing penury during the last century, Chinese consumers will want to acquire the material things which signify wealth and abundance. That's why Chinese consumers obsess over luxury brands, especially foreign ones from rich countries.

What this means is that consumption in the developed world is declining while consumption in China is increasing. As the sweatshop factories move to lower-cost developing countries, Western consumers in the developed world will buy less while Chinese consumers in China will buy more. So even as the export-oriented low-cost manufacturing jobs move to lower-cost developing countries, the trade flows will change from selling to the developed world to supplying Chinese markets.

China will supplant the U.S.A. as the growth engine of the global economy in the coming decades.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-4 18:20:47 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-4 18:22:11 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-4 19:27:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-11-4 18:22
It was a necessary tyranny. The tyranny is over now and people decide by themselves that they only ...

the tyranny is now over.

but who pays for the 30 years tyranny?

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-4 21:35:27 |Display all floors
the best gift is a sibling to play with and to talk to.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-4 23:30:13 |Display all floors
tyranny is not necessary.

throughout the world, babies born have peaked.

green energy is around the corner.

2 to 3 babies per woman is very healthy for China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.