Author: StellaSong

What good can come of Blair's apology for Iraq?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-11-2 07:56:38 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-11-2 09:48
But Chomsky, Vidal and others seem to ignore all the benefits from the US-led system. The higher l ...

Ted, we will disagree on your opinion that Chomsky, Vidal and others ignore the real benefits, moral or good features of the US-led system. You are attacking them also personally, stepping outside the issues and views they raise. Can you refrain from trying to characterize them personally, negatively and just state your opinion on their views? Once one goes further down that path, it becomes a lot like what we see in CD.
Just tell me exactly in what issue or values they articulate that you disagree with and why. Forget Chomsky or Vidal 'indirectly' supporting people like Saddam, the US-led people actually directly supported Saddam at his worst!!! What do you say to that?
I do not condemn western society, I condemn hypocrisy wherever I see it. I have been critical of that wherever I lived, India, the USA or Australia.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-2 08:00:39 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-11-1 18:56
Ted, we will disagree on your opinion that Chomsky, Vidal and others ignore the real benefits, mor ...

It will take me a long time, and much thought to reply to this. I will work on it for days. And I will send it as a personal message.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-2 08:00:39 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-11-2 09:48
But Chomsky, Vidal and others seem to ignore all the benefits from the US-led system. The higher l ...

You speak as if the 'benefits' of a USA led system around the world is a given and not subject to analysis or debate. I quite disagree with you, as do probably more than half of the world, based on real experiences. You keep making excuses for their inexcusable behaviour, policies or actions saying they are not REALLY so,  that they are only posturing for elections and that you know better. Even if you did, do you see the wrong in their deception of their own population and manipulating public opinion in a supposed model democracy? Are you blind to that or do you not consider that important?
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-2 08:02:57 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-11-2 10:00
It will take me a long time, and much thought to reply to this. I will work on it for days. And I  ...

thanks for the note Ted. In addition to the PM, I would like it if you put out your analysis out here on this thread for all to see and understand your point of view.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-2 10:43:24 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2015-10-31 18:38
If you think about it everyone has been complicit. It is almost unavoidable. And to me Kevin Rudd an ...

Elected

Elections are a sham. The politicians are puppets of the omnipotent Zionist banksters.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-2 22:04:29 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-11-1 19:02
thanks for the note Ted. In addition to the PM, I would like it if you put out your analysis out h ...

I will put a less personal version here. First, I sincerely apologize for referring to your personal situation on an open blog. I undermined the tradition of polite and objective comment we are both trying to establish on China Daily.com. My explanation will require a few days' work.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-3 06:59:52 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-11-3 00:04
I will put a less personal version here. First, I sincerely apologize for referring to your person ...

Thanks Ted!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.