Author: Mark8

Would Democracy in China Really Be that Bad?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-24 13:05:26 |Display all floors
China want lambs,
Meek lambs that are obedient.

China cannot tolerate challenges to Authorities.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 13:28:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-24 10:53
I am sorry to tell you you are wrong: Democracy as such has not "failed". Countries have failed in ...

You have a point but can democracy truly succeed where human beings are concerned? In Athens, which is the "birthplace" of democracy, there was a well known speaker called Socrates. The elites put him to death for speaking against them. So much for free speech.

Democracy is only an ideal. So is communism, or any other "...ism". For democracy to succeed, every citizen must be altruistic and unselfish so that whatever is proposed or accepted is for the common good, not for any selfish agenda. Do you see this happening? It may happen some time but does it happen all the time? More often than not, you see people lobbying for something that only benefits a certain group of people. They use "freedom" to justify their selfish cause.

Furthermore, why should there be laws and regulations to govern a "democratic" country. Isn't that against the concept of "democracy"? Why should the freedom of the people be curtailed by laws and regulations? Don't you see the irony of it?

What we all need to realise is that human beings will never, ever, be able to come up with a perfect system of governance. The only best way is to be pragmatic and adaptable. That doesn't mean we have to be wishy washy but that whatever the incumbent system is, be ready to make adjustment and some fine tuning. Afterall, people change with times so even if there is a "perfect" system, it could become obsolete.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 13:30:05 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-10-24 13:05
China want lambs,
Meek lambs that are obedient.

The sudden ousting of Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott now means the country has had five people fill the position since 2010.

Tony Abbott has been ousted by his Minister for Communications.
NOT by the people (Lambs) which voted him in.

You got a GOOD point there, Chinese people could not tolerate a government made out of LAMBS.
again-again -again and again, forgive me for forgetting how many Crew changes them people had to take and wonder down yonder.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 14:19:11 |Display all floors
Mark8 Post time: 2015-10-22 14:40
In other democracies, this does not happen: they get things done.

Delusional, aren't you?  Indians complain nothing get done in the world's largest democracy.  American Democrats and Republicans  work against each other so that nothing is accomplished.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 15:08:16 |Display all floors
Mark8 Post time: 2015-10-24 12:34
Maybe Chinese people don't really care about taking a part in the creation of their own laws.  I c ...

you ignore one important thing.. before you could taking a part into create our own laws. you need to study and study until you become good enough..
you may say we do not need to worry about this . we can leave it to the our country and our legislature ..
yeah .. but what's difference .? And what did you do with your democracy ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 16:29:06 |Display all floors
Dracarys Post time: 2015-10-24 15:08
you ignore one important thing.. before you could taking a part into create our own laws. you need ...

And what if your Kings were evil?  You would have no way to vote them out.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-24 16:45:44 |Display all floors
Mark8 Post time: 2015-10-24 16:29
And what if your Kings were evil?  You would have no way to vote them out.

if he is a evil.. vote is meaningless and no need ..
that's simple .. we fight him ..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.