Views: 13070|Replies: 168

India - culture that ignore's rape an violence of children   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-20 02:34:05 |Display all floors

A spate of rape cases involving very young children has shocked New Delhi and prompted calls for authorities to do more to stop them.  Two teenagers, aged 16 and 17, were arrested Sunday for the alleged abduction and rape of a two-and-a-half year old girl, who went missing from outside her home in Western Delhi.  

"The girl was first abducted in front of her house, then she was taken to a park nearby where she was raped," deputy police commissioner Pushpendar Kumar told CNN Monday.

The minor's family and local residents were searching for the missing girl when they found her bleeding in the park, he said.

Separately, a five-year-old girl was raped in Eastern Delhi on Friday night police said.

Three people have been arrested in connection with the rape, joint commissioner Sanjay Beniwal told CNN. He said that the rape was committed by one of the men in the presence of two of the arrested.

The three accused and the girl's family were co-tenants, Beniwal added.

Both girls are recovering in the hospital, and are in a stable condition, according to officials.

These latest incidents come within one week of a four-year-old being raped, again in the capital. In that case, police have arrested one man for the alleged rape, deputy police commissioner Vijay.

When asked about the recent cases of child rape, Delhi's Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal blasted Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his "silence" over violent sex attacks.

He demanded to be able to take control of the Delhi police, which currently reports to the Prime Minister.

"I will not remain silent. We will not allow the Prime Minister to sleep peacefully if women in Delhi do not get proper safety and the present trend of rapes continues," Kejriwal told reporters on Sunday.

Student organizations held a protest in front of the Delhi police headquarters the same day, condemning police for their "inefficiency."

In 2014, India recorded 13,766 cases of rapes on minors -- those younger than 18 years old -- according to official data. Of those, more than 1,000 cases were reported in New Delhi, the National Crimes Record Data shows

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-20 02:52:14 |Display all floors
it is not that they are immoral, it is just that large swaths of India have different values.

untouched by modernity...................billions of people are still untouched by modernity.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-20 05:43:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-10-20 08:04:40 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-10-20 10:07

Nowadays, any crime by a psychopath or a crazy bunch in India is reported widely, which is good, but there is a section of the Indian media controlled by outside interests who try and paint it as if it is representative of the whole society. This has been happening in a concerted manner since a more independent political party has come to power with a national bent and orientation in its policy.
This incident is a criminal one. There are plenty of people who are easily misled into unfounded hysteria and make a show for the media. Once it reaches critical mass, it is a self-sustaining campaign that takes attention away from the real criminal nature of it and tries to make it a 'cultural' thing. They try to constantly bait the governments and officials to comment in the media and then accuse the same persons of trial by media and subverting the judicial process. The police should investigate this thoroughly and on all aspects of the case. There should be no public comment on the specifics of the case until the judicial judgement comes out.

I hope the perpetrators of this get the death penalty. It is still an option in India. These are extreme sexual deviants.
The rates of sexual assaults of all kinds is less in India than most countries, even developed ones. Instances like these bring out strong expressions from the people in favour of deterrent measures. It is impossible for the police or authorities ANYWHERE to completely eliminate the possibility of such occurring, in a free society. These have occurred in every developed country and continue to occur randomly. India is quite a free society.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-20 08:05:06 |Display all floors
canadian45 Post time: 2015-10-20 07:43
I would never go to India!  
But I have been to China 15 times since 1991.

Good for India, bad for China!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-10-20 11:25:23 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-20 16:55:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-10-20 18:57
seneca Post time: 2015-10-20 13:25
India's opening-up to the world brings to the fore many dark secrets that Indians and the world at l ...

rubbish! India has culturally been very harsh on pedaphiles and rapists or even eve-teasers. Street justice is very swift and often deadly. It has always been a greater deterrent than even the slow legal process. Its only when guns have become common among political crooks in power that some have gotten away with some crimes. It is not an automatic legal rightl for anyone to own guns in India and it is also very expensive, so the average person or law abiding person cannot afford it, even if they somehow managed to qualify for a permit. The current government is cracking down on corruption that was endemic in political parties favoured by the West. I think there is an element of overplaying every single incident to confuse the issue and tear down the new government. These are criminal cases not political ones, nor cultural.
Let's see how one judges the following from Australia, keeping in mind the reputation of the Churches here in their involvement in covering up child molestation by priests.  Here is a surprising new report in the news today.

What would one say to the report in the Australian news today? Here is one from the Herald Sun about an unnamed Australian PM. Is this or will this be viewed as a cultural thing against Australia? Would it be sensible?

Former PM a paedophile, senator claims

LIBERAL Senator Bill Heffernan has accused an unnamed former Prime Minister of being a paedophile.

The veteran politician told a Senate Estimates hearing he had given the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse a police document that names 28 alleged paedophiles — some of whom are prominent Australians.

Senator Heffernan told Attorney General George Brandis during the hearing that he should expand the commission so that it includes the legal fraternity

He said the documents were given to him by a police agency during the Wood Royal Commission into the NSW Police Force and they were “very disturbing”.

But he said the list was outside the scope of the commission’s inquiry.

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.