Views: 8486|Replies: 45

Senator McCain Concerned About The Ford Aircraft Carrier   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-18 13:44:59 |Display all floors

The senator is concerned about rising cost and delayed final product.  

But why rush it?  US has plenty to get by for now.  The final Ford carrier can be quite awesome if given the time required to make it perfect.   It will take decades for Russia and China to come up with anything comparable.

And money should never be an issue with such crucial projects.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-18 13:51:04 |Display all floors
Money is at the core of the issue when building an aircraft carrier.

An aircraft carrier is just an expensive toy and an expensive penis.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-18 13:56:32 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-10-18 13:51
Money is at the core of the issue when building an aircraft carrier.

Freedom isn't free.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-18 14:01:13 |Display all floors
The current carrier's powerplant's are underpowered for the next upgrade packages.  Mostly the magnetic launch an recovery system that can launch an recover lighter drone aircraft without damaging them.

There's also the lazer anti-missile system's that could be installed in the coming year's.  

The new Ford's are designed with these system's in place an with extra power generation unit's to handle future upgrades.  It's reported at current level's the Ford's are only using 1/3 their total energy output.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-18 14:05:09 |Display all floors
Mark8 Post time: 2015-10-18 13:56
Freedom isn't free.

American freedom depends on American election results......not on aircraft carrier.

If America chooses Trump.......that means Americans do not deserve to have their freedom and is best that America become irrelevant to the world.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-18 14:42:22 |Display all floors
Jim9 Post time: 2015-10-18 14:15
Made in USA...It is going be just another failure project like the F35.

f-35s were released  too early before prototype was finished due to Congressional pressure.  but updates will continue.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-18 17:43:31 |Display all floors
Mark8 Post time: 2015-10-18 13:56
Freedom isn't free.

Freedom isn't free.

Tyrants will deny you freedom.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.