Views: 4758|Replies: 8

Should kids get pocket money?   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2015-10-13 15:16:09 |Display all floors
Whether to give pocket money, and at what age, and how much to give are issues that often concern parents. Do you think having pocket money's a good thing, to help kids learn how to manage their money, or a bad thing?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-13 15:41:35 |Display all floors
Kids should EARN pocket money by doing household chores or otherwise as a reward for good results, good behaviour or being helpful to others. When it comes to giving gifts to children, parents should offer to match whatever the child can provide toward the gift. This is the way they learn the value of money and where it comes from.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-16 19:39:01 |Display all floors
develop a good habit on managing money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-16 19:43:14 From mobile |Display all floors
If they are taught by parents how to spend money, I think it is ok

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-10-17 02:29:25 |Display all floors
How does this crap get editors choice?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-17 08:10:47 |Display all floors
Of course kids should get pocket money! Else how are they going to learn the value of money and buy food? I grew up going to school without packed lunches. My mom implemented an accelerated pocket money system.

Standard 1: 10cents. Standard 2: 20cents. Back in those days of the 80s we could buy a small bowl of noodle for 10cents. I was cheeky and came up with my own creative ways to get a bigger bang for my buck (like joining a 'kutu' system). Basically it was pooled money. Members in the pool will contribute 10cents weekly and we each had a turn to use the pool . Interest free.

Kids are the most creative really. I wish i was a kid again.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-17 08:44:24 |Display all floors
getting an allowance for work performed beyond normal chores is a good idea. believe helps teach good work ethic and value of time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.