Author: StellaSong

Do you think China's first lady is elegant?     [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-9-30 05:34:28 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-9-29 23:28
I don't have a Scandanavian keyboard so I wouldn't know but I gather you could use this excuse to  ...

Finland has one of the highest levels of English as a second language in the world.

Do some research so you won't embarrass yourself here further.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-30 05:39:54 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-9-29 23:28
I don't have a Scandanavian keyboard so I wouldn't know but I gather you could use this excuse to  ...

Now we know why you failed statistics in school.

FYI, Steve Jobs is dead because he thought he knew better than cancer doctors.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-9-30 07:17:01 |Display all floors
Not only 'think' she is. I 'know' she is. Very, very obvious. Very elegant.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-30 07:19:00 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2015-9-30 01:17
Not only 'think' she is. I 'know' she is. Very, very obvious. Very elegant.

How much do you know about her? Compared for example Michelle Obama.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-9-30 07:42:23 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-9-30 07:19
How much do you know about her? Compared for example Michelle Obama.

O.k. She is classically trained as a traditional vocalist. I've listened to her music and watched numerous videos of her online performing. Her speech at the U.N. was warm, eloquent and chock full of grace. I watched it and used it to teach in my classroom this week. We analyzed nearly every word. It gave me several teaching points. However, more than anything, I wanted to allow it to inspire my students to learn English better. Even the few times that she stumbled over some pronunciations, she quickly corrected herself and didn't allow it to get her off track at all. This was one of the many teaching points I gained for my students. That is, 'if you mess up, just correct it as quickly as you can and go on.' No one is perfect. I'm a native English speaker and teacher and I occasionally mispronounce or stumble over my words. I think that it endeared her to those listening (I know it did to me) even more. She paced herself quite well and deliver a 4 minute and 56 seconds speech (another great teaching point here was that I'm sure she set herself to a 5 minute limit which she kept strictly). She followed the perfect form and pattern of what I teach my students, especially for their TOEFL Speaking exam. She expressed her gratitude quite gracefully (and from the heart), she drew us in with her story about her father and how he helped poor village people learn to read and write. She made specific points after her story. She referred back to her story later. She again expressed heartfelt and humble gratitude for being chosen as the special envoy for UNESCO for girls' and women's education. I think the U.N. and UNESCO made an excellent choice and that she will accomplish much in that role.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-30 07:51:08 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2015-9-30 01:42
O.k. She is classically trained as a traditional vocalist. I've listened to her music and watched  ...

She was reading from a paper. I don't speak Spanish but I can read a statement in Spanish from a paper.

Grace? She did not look at her audience or smile while she was reading.

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-9-30 08:08:36 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-9-30 07:51
She was reading from a paper. I don't speak Spanish but I can read a statement in Spanish from a p ...

O.k. That's how I saw it.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.