Views: 1914|Replies: 6

Are We Trying To Keep Moscow From The Snatching of Our Market Share?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-9-19 14:26:30 |Display all floors

After all, the Russian
are rumoured to be in talks with the Islamabad to sell Pakistan their Su-35's
so what's happening here?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PLA Air Force’s J-11B Fighter Equipped With China-Made Engines
(Source: China Military Online; issued Sept 15, 2015)

CHANGCHUN --- The PLA Air Force J-11B fighters have been equipped with China-made engines, according to Yang Dechun, a pilot assigned to a division under the PLA Air Force.

The PLA Air Force held an aviation open-day activity in Changchun, northeast China's Jilin province, on September 10, 2015, during which a J-11B fighter of the PLA Air Force conducted three demonstration flights.

Yang Dechun introduced that, "first, the J-11B fighter flew over the reviewing stand at low altitude and high speed, which reflects its low-altitude penetration capability and successful penetration can ensure its own survival, and then, it quickly ascended and then conducted a 2.5-circle roll flight during ascending, which showcases the J-11B fighter's lateral turning flight performance."

"After that, the J-11B fighter made an ultimate hover demonstration at an altitude of 300 meters, which exhibits its horizontal maneuvering performance, and such a performance can allow the J-11B fighter to win the flight-attitude superiority in a short period of time," Yang Dechun continued.

"Finally, it flew over the reviewing stand again at low altitude and low speed, which shows its slow flight performance," Yang Dechun added.

The configuration of J-11B fighter is greatly upgraded as compared with the previous fighter models, for example, the very simple human machine interface in its cockpit possesses very powerful functions and can help pilot perform all-weather combat missions against air, sea and ground targets, Yang Dechun introduced.

Yang Dechun expressed that J-11B fighter's fire-control system can carry China's current most advanced short-range and medium-range air-to-air missiles, and in addition, it can also carry the new-type air-to-ground ammunition, allowing it to make a certain breakthrough in enhancing its air-to-ground attack capability.

Above all, the J-11B fighters have been equipped with China-made engines, and "Our pilots feel most proud that the J-11B fighters are equipped with completely China-made engines," Yang Dechun said.

The biggest wish of the pilots of the PLA Air Force is that their fighters are equipped with more and better engines so as to allow the PLA Air Force's combat capability to be further upgraded, added Yang Dechun.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-9-19 14:35:23 |Display all floors
Maybe they worry about the quality

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-19 14:44:12 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-9-18 22:35

From the pages of JDW (Janes Defense weekly)...

Looks as if the Russians are attempting to overtake a market normally Chinese....

Competition is fierce in this area of specialty you know...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pakistani official confirms Su-35 talks

Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
18 September 2015

A senior Pakistani official has confirmed Russian media reports that the two countries have discussed a potential deal on the Su-35. Source: Sukhoi
The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) has discussed buying Su-35 'Flanker-E' fighter aircraft from Russia in potentially the largest defence deal between the two countries, but a final decision is yet to be made, a senior Pakistani government official has confirmed to IHS Jane's .

The official was responding to Russian media reports that Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov had said talks were underway for an unspecified number of Su-35s, which follow a recent agreement to provide Mi-35M 'Hind E' attack helicopters to Islamabad.

While the official said "it's too early to say if a deal will conclude and the terms", the fact that discussions have taken place shows Russia's willingness to sell advanced hardware with Pakistan despite Moscow's longstanding ties with India.

The official said Pakistan's interest in the Su-35 was driven by the PAF's need for a twin-engine fighter "that can fly for a longer range than the JF-17 and penetrate more deeply into the enemy's territory". The PAF flies a mixed fleet of Lockheed Martin F-16s, Dassault Mirage-5s, Chinese-manufactured F-7s, and the JF-17 Thunder, which is jointly produced by China and Pakistan.

In November 2014 a senior Pakistani official told IHS Jane's that Pakistan was in discussions with China to buy 30 to 40 FC-31s - the export version of China's J-31 fifth-generation platform. At the time, the official told IHS Jane's that Pakistan was interested in the platform partly because it was fitted with two RD-93 Russian Klimov engines, which also powers the JF-17. PAF officials have also told IHS Jane's in the past that they have considered the purchase of up to 40 Chengdu J-10 fighters.

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-19 16:42:29 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-9-19 14:35

Is Pakistan allowed to buy European fighters like the Rafale and  Typhoon?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-9-19 16:53:16 |Display all floors
edisonone Post time: 2015-9-19 14:44
From the pages of JDW (Janes Defense weekly)...

Looks as if the Russians are attempting to overt ...

well if the Chinese product is as good as you claim it should not be a problem

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-19 16:53:46 |Display all floors
chinesebunny Post time: 2015-9-19 16:42
Is Pakistan allowed to buy European fighters like the Rafale and  Typhoon?

Not at the price paid for a Chinese aircraft

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-20 02:10:46 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-9-19 00:53
Not at the price paid for a Chinese aircraft

Let's look at it in this context, Futsang:
What's the difference between an iPhone [$600.00], an Android by Samsung [$400.00], and a smart phone by Huawei [$100.00] (I think that's the cost if you buy in Asia)? Yes, Futsang, it's the price. The technology is exactly same. In some cases, the Huawei product are said to be superior in many respects.  However, the name brand which the former two definitely have a commanding lead does play ampsychological role and it is this name brand psyche that drives us to make a decisions on what we think is good or bad.
Example here: I don't why it is, Futsang but, my other half [shops nowhere else but Macy's and LV Shops (latter sells for thousands of dollars per item )] while I shop in the discount stores. In the end, doesn't that LV hand bag serve the same purpose as the one I get from Sears, Walmart, or Targets?  
Another example: most all of my friends brags about and shows off their Tag Huer and their Breitlings time pieces while I'm quite content with my Wenger and Citizen time pieces I have. Now, does using a  Wenger or Citizen time piece make me any lessor of a person than the ones who flashes their name brands around as those of my friends? Of course not.
My Sears, COSTCO's, my Wenger and Citizen products works just as well and all of them have the very same functions as the more name brands my friend wears. Hey! Even Boeing is starting to have their products (some) banged together/outsourced to China (according to the latest by Boeing). Would Boeing be as foolish if Chinese handy works are as inferior as you say? I don't think so, Futsang.
It's like this, Fusang: the winds of changes spares no one - not the weak, the strong, not the elephant in the room, not even China where this wind of change is blowing its way. When that happens, futsang, the only thing we can do about it is to adapt and get use to the environment we're in.
As unrelated as this may seem, Let me try to reflect this story to the situation at hand: I'm pulling for the Donald while everyone is trying to bury him. Why am I pulling for him when seemingly he would bury China if he gets elected? Well, even with his big mouth, he too will have no recourse but to live together with the Chinese if he indeed gets the top job. Even with his so deemed hyper temperament , the question [would you trust him on the nuke button] is a stu-pid one. I mean would the Donald, or anyone or any entity for that matter "GO ABOUT AND INVITE ANOTHER COUNTRY TO RETALIATE AND/OR TO LAUNCH A COUNTER STRICK " ?  C'mon, Futsang.  It's all about rehtorics and about national pride - the sticker, Made in China" is stamped in almost every of the appliances you have in your household today. So, what are you going to do?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.