Views: 16047|Replies: 36

Questions to my Chinese compatriots [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-8-12 00:14:02 |Display all floors
Hi all. I acknowledge that Taiwan has historically been a part of China and still should belong to China. But I am just wondering why China wants to have Taiwan back so badly and so urgently?

Second, the Shinkaku Islands, occupied by the Japanese, are also Chinese territory. These islands are known to have very rich oil deposits, and yet, China doesn't seem to be so interested in them, why?

Why is it that China takes pride in threatening the lives of Taiwanese people when Japan also occupies her land???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-12 13:21:40 |Display all floors

This is a Strategy

Personally I believe this is a strategy for the Chinese government.  As a matter of fact, once Taiwan and the mainland can agree with the One China Policy, there won't be wars,  though there are possibly some contradictions, the two sides will be developing in a peaceful solution. However, it is Japan, which does not want to see a peaceful and powerful China, hence, it is the backseat driver to secretly support the splitters in Taiwan to go against the mainland. As to the Diaoyudao Island, you bet, China will take it back sooner or later.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-12 13:45:34 |Display all floors

re:

just because some splittists led by Chen shuibian are eager to push independence. more delay means more harm. Chen teaches tai wan people not to admit they are Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-12 18:28:11 |Display all floors

Right on, coolmax!

What the church schools did to the Chinese in HK are now being repeated by the hanjian schools in the province of TW.

No doubt about that.

"...and so urgently?"  - twchinese

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-12 19:09:37 |Display all floors

China does not have the courage to confront Japan

They see TW as the easier target.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-12 19:21:05 |Display all floors

resentless

are your naive or stupid to say China does not the guts to confront Japan? Why do we have to attack Japan if Japn does not attack us first? We don't want things that are not ours, but we won't let an inch of our territory be splitted.

We suffered a lot in the anti-japanese war. If a war between the two nations take place again, I'll quit being a scholar and be ready to sarcrifice for our dear motherland China.

You'll never know what is patriotism. Your country surrendered and annexed by Germany during WII, yet China never surrendered to any other countries.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-8-12 19:46:31 |Display all floors

coolmax,

My Taiwanese friends don't seem to be intested in my patriotism and love for them. Perhaps it's the go.vernment's turn to do someing. Perhaps they should  compete for the affection of the people's affection and trust with Chen Shunbian. I belive our government is so competent that Chen won't be a match.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.