Views: 12613|Replies: 38

Have you heard of 'gap year'?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-24 15:13:36 |Display all floors
It’s a familiar script that millions of students follow each year: Graduate high school and then immediately start college. But students especially in western nations like UK, US or other developed countries, are embracing the "gap year" — a year of volunteering and working before heading to campus. Besides, graduates who have not find their job direction would also use their gap year to widen their horizon and find what are they really like.  Gap year, what do you think of it?

Single choice vote, There are a total of people participating in the poll
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-24 22:19:40 |Display all floors
i just knew a little about it through western TV show. i think its really awesome for students to find what they really like or what kind of life they want to live before going to college. and its amazing experiences to face or handle the problem encountered in real society. at least they would have time to think about the future and make a desicion on continuing study in college. i hope China can execute this "gap year"
my skype is nana.zuo90

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 02:42:40 |Display all floors
A_Blue_Sky Post time: 2015-6-24 22:19
i just knew a little about it through western TV show. i think its really awesome for students to fi ...

any person who wants to can.
It is about taking responsibility for your own life, making choices and learning to deal with the consequences of your decisions.

People who take a gap year find that they are better prepared for life in a university and more self-motivated.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 04:59:55 |Display all floors
This avenue tokes an ideology far greater than forced miltary service, which in itself is could be grand for few. Those few always see the sun rising from the east.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 11:20:30 |Display all floors
It's a good practice . I suppose to it's a god-given chance for freshman.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-25 11:30:41 |Display all floors
I have a friend from England is taking his gap year in China working as a foreign teacher, who keeps telling me how wonderful this experience is. And I think the gap year is really a fantastic experience for students before entering university. I hope that one day this happens in China.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-6-25 12:11:22 |Display all floors
Univivian Post time: 2015-6-25 11:30
I have a friend from England is taking his gap year in China working as a foreign teacher, who keeps ...

Then your friend must be working illegally, they would not get a teaching visa without a degree and experiance

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.