Views: 7264|Replies: 15

Gap year, pro or con ?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-11 16:42:05 |Display all floors
For millions of Chinese students who just finished their make-or-break gaokao exam or those are expected to graduate from college, there is one option lying ahead, a gap year. That's not a strange concept for students nowadays.
"The concept of Gap Year is that young people originally from Europe and the United States before entering the university will choose travel instead, because they have not determined their own future, don't know their interests or doubt should be engaged in the business or not, so they need around one to two years to get to know and understand the society. " One of our blogger wrote.

It could also include those graduates from college who don't want to jump into real world to their job days.

Now we invite you to join us for this topic and share your story  or give your opinions on it. you can also write a blog or send your article to blog@chinadaily.com.cn

BTW: A talk show guest who has experienced the gap year is needed for a video program about this topic in Beijing.
Requiremnts:
Having gap year exprience
Available on next Tuesday (June 16) for 2 hours recording
Fluent in English
In Beijing

If you are or you know someone who is meet this requirments and want to show her/his experience to our readers around the world, welcome to contact us at blog@chinadaily.com.cn or send us message via our platform.

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-1437761-1-1.html

Single choice vote, There are a total of people participating in the poll
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-6-11 16:59:43 |Display all floors
Personal choice. I had a gap life before I got my degree

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-6-11 17:00:38 |Display all floors
Personal choice

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2015-6-11 23:00:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-12 09:10:25 |Display all floors
"Gap year"?
Yes, the "gap shows the great distance between the school and the society, specially in China where students are asked to learn too much theories and memorize a lot of so-called knowledge that is hard for practical use in their work or life!
Your topic is so complex that it needs a long novel to tell out its meaning!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-12 13:05:24 |Display all floors
gap is year is good. I had mine.

relaxed.. worked.. enjoyed.. explored then jumped into the bloody rat race.

Veni, Vedi, Vici

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-12 16:33:35 |Display all floors
I think it is relative to the country. In China, I could understand a gap year after the gruelling experince of the gaokao. Yet, I also see it as the same time as a grim reminder of the inequalities in our society, where people find the money to not work AND travel for one year, I have absolutely no idea.
You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.