Author: pnp

English Education Today And tomorrow [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-16 14:56:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-15 17:49
Look, if you complain that I make "cheap potshots" at you you cvertainly invite them! Isn't this ...

"which you so verbosely and vocxally criticise withgout serving it?"

You've missed my point again; you are always making assumptions about others, especially those you dislike! What makes you so sure that I never served it?  Do I have to tell you that I have served as a teacher before I am qualified to comment on English teaching in China?  You really have a strange attitude towards posters at this forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 15:08:44 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-12 16:01
What is a "tourist teacher"??? Are you a tourist teacher model?

I taught at universities in Chi ...

This is just my guess, just like your guess that "you have been hired to polish the shoes of your black-skinned foreign English teachers so that they always look spick and span"!

You expect others to swallow your guesses without challenge, while you get visibly upset when people throw same at you! Is that how you teach your students, not to respect fair comments?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 15:12:10 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-8 16:01
Amen.

Please continue your sermons on a weekly basis. Best publishing time: Friday noon so that all ...

My thread must be an eye-opener you even label it a sermon, and you want more of it!  No worries, I have more sermons for you! Hope you can learn something from them!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 15:20:23 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-14 23:14
That was a fine example of your abrasive and pompous judgment in action. Don't you realise that  ...

Looks like you are hell-bent on supporting your 'overqualified' tourist teachers breaking the law of their host country, what a shame! No matter how 'overqualified' they are, they must all obey the law, no exception, no matter how brilliant they may be!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 15:27:41 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2015-6-15 11:27
I fear that what seneca says is true. English teaching here is all text book exercises to pass tests ...

I am in agreement with you on this one! Yes, all they care for is not just passing the exam, but passing with flying color too; hence their emphasis on textbook exercises rather than on communicative skills!  But my thread is not about the Chinese English teachers, they obviously have got problems, otherwise there is no market for foreign teachers here in China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 15:37:32 |Display all floors
TedM Post time: 2015-6-15 11:24
I am one of the many qualified and experienced teachers working to improve education in this country ...

'I agree with your views about private foreign language schools but this comment to seneca is unnecessary'

You seem to have conveneinetly overlooked his shot at me,
"I guess you have been hired to polish the shoes of your black-skinned foreign English teachers so that they always look spick and span,.."

My reply to him is mild by comparison, and justified too! Every action has a reaction, and this is  mine!  
If you care to go through my previous posts, you will find that I never ever attack posters personally; I only focus on the topics because consider personal attacks as counterproductive and not in the spirit of forum!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 20:40:53 |Display all floors
Thanks. I stand corrected.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.